Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » Remove Family Safety
Page 1 of 12 1234››
January 3, 2012 07:05 Remove Family Safety #186389
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
JuanM1026

Novice
i installed Family Safety in two computers. i was able to remove the program from the first computer but the second one is not taking the password. the password worked for the first computer but not for the second one.

it display an error message : Call technical support at 000000000
January 5, 2012 09:30 Re: Remove Family Safety #186642
jirka82

Administrator
Hello JuanM1026,

According to our database, only one of your computers was connected to AVG Family Safety service (computer name ends with "*****AM-HP"). It seems that AVG Family Safety client software has been uninstalled from that computer. I cannot find another computer connected with your account (when using your e-mail address registered on this forum).
Such situation would indicate that the second computer never connected to AVG Family Safety server. (In such case, the uninstallation process should accept any password.)
1. Please run the AVG Family Safety client on the second computer, change some settings in the user interface and save the configuration.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Then, run the uninstallation process once again and provide your password when asked.
4. Please let us know whether the uninstallation was successful. If not, please provide us with a screenshot of the error message displayed.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
January 15, 2012 22:58 Re: Remove Family Safety #187716
Karineh

Novice
Removing Family Safety doesn't work..

I got the same error message trying to uninstall Family Safety. I can log into my account and make any changes I want including changing my password but during uninstall it states my password is invalid and displays same error message. Tech support asked for my log two days ago but hasn't given me any new help on how to fix this. Meanwhile my entire computer is inoperable. I can't access any websites and my override password doesn't work. This is very frustrating and bad for PR. Help!!!!

I tried the modirator's suggestion and it still doesn't uninstall because it won't accept my password. UGH!!!!
January 17, 2012 09:33 Re: Remove Family Safety #187833
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Karineh,

Removal steps for Family Safety can be found here.

Thank you
February 28, 2012 05:59 Re: Remove Family Safety #193891
pabon9135

Novice
I have this exact same issue please email me removal instructions as soon as possible so that I can use my computer again crying
February 28, 2012 16:44 Re: Remove Family Safety #193959
nemethste

Administrator
Hello pabon9135,

Guide how to remove AVG Family Safety was sent to your E-mail address you have used for forum registration.

Please understand that we cannot simply have how to article posted on our forum because every kid could easily google it and remove parental restrictions whenever they want.

Thank you

AVG#0005139107
April 15, 2012 13:43 Re: Remove Family Safety #197837
runnerbrett

Novice
AVG Support - Will you please email the uninstall instructions? I have a computer that I can not access the internet with and i can not uninstall the software because it will not accept my password.

thank you for your help
April 15, 2012 21:21 Re: Remove Family Safety #197897
BIG AL 43

@ runnerbrett

For your info....

Your posting will no doubt be monitored by the relevant AVG Team. This Announcement post http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=190509 now appears in the 'Information' forum area. Also please bear this in mind.. AVG support.. Weekends / Holidays.. Have a look @ the 1st part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=159703#post_159703 & the 2nd part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=188699#post_188699.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 16, 2012 13:47 Re: Remove Family Safety #197975
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Brett,

I have sent you an E-mail with removal instructions.

Should you need any assistance or if you have any questions feel free to ask here on forums again.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 13, 2012 18:39 Re: Remove Family Safety #202005
docsiva

Novice
nemethste wrote
Hello Brett,

I have sent you an E-mail with removal instructions.

Should you need any assistance or if you have any questions feel free to ask here on forums again.

Thank you.

Hi, I have very similar problems. No matter what setting i change in "preferences" AVG FS blocks many websites i wish to browse and does not accept my password when i attempt to "override". I'm unable to uninstall as well, when i put in my password i get "invalid credentials". It's almost feels like my computer has been hijacked and that i'm being denied the ability to use my computer as i see fit. I wish to uninstall the programme. Please advise how i can do that.
Page 1 of 12 1234››