Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » AVG Network Protection » AVG Internet Security 2012 Firewall Blocks Internet Traffic
December 29, 2011 18:22 AVG Internet Security 2012 Firewall Blocks Internet Traffic #186040
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Hallow334

Novice
AVG Internet Security 2012 Paid

My internet isnt totally blocked, but its not too far off from being. It takes forever to load web pages (sometime the browser times out) and its a lesson in frustration trying to play anything on Youtube (even at 360p). On Youtube it wont buffer anything, then a chunk of the video will buffer and the video will play to that point then stop again and I have to wait for it to buffer another chunk.

I checked the Traffic Logs and the firewall is blocking "System", "svchost.exe", and "FilterDevice". Is this normal?

I disabled the firewall and Youtube played videos without stopping to buffer. I am attaching the MSInfo.rar file to the post.
December 30, 2011 09:00 Re: AVG Internet Security 2012 Firewall Blocks Internet Traffic #186099
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Hallow334,

Please un-install peerblock and reboot the computer.

Should the issue persist, please download and run fwdiag tool, induce the issue and provide us with results.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
December 30, 2011 13:10 Re: AVG Internet Security 2012 Firewall Blocks Internet Traffic #186116
Hallow334

Novice
I uninstalled Peerblock, but that did nothing. Ive been running that program for years and I have it set to where it doesnt block http.

The two dumps are just over 2.1mb in size and are too large to attach. Is there another way I can get them to you?

When I tried the Auto Start scan, nothing would happen. All the tabs from "Processes" to "Registry" showed info, but when I clicked scan under the Auto Start tab with the "show all" checked nothing would happen.

The "Tool.exe" scan did work and the result is attached.
January 9, 2012 13:35 Re: AVG Internet Security 2012 Firewall Blocks Internet Traffic #187104
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Hallow334

For help on your situation please refer to this post.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us