Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » AVG Network Protection » Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar
Page 1 of 2 12››
June 29, 2011 19:10 Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #168302
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
LucyMay2

Novice
Hi, Please could some-one give me some advice regarding a pop up I am constantly getting. Since downloading internet explorer 9 I keep getting pop ups at the bottom of the page. Originally it was a general pop up regarding add-ons but this one has stopped for now. The pop up I am getting now is 'the AVG security toolbar add-on from AVG technologies is ready to use'. Then it gives me the option just to close the pop-up or enable/don't enable. I don't want to enable this so I clicked 'don't enable'. However I have clicked it loads of times now but it repeatedly pops-up. I think this could be to do with internet explorer 9 rather than AVG but does anyone know how I can stop it popping up? If not could I uninstall the AVG security toolbar add-on which I assume would then stop it. I have AVG safe search enabled and AVG security toolbar BHO enabled (so don't want to uninstall these) but don't want the AVG security toolbar. Any advice would be much appreciated as the pop up is getting really annoying!!!
Thanks very much Lucy
June 30, 2011 05:37 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #168323
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello LucyMay2,

For help on your situation you can enable AVG Security Toolbar and disable IE9 popup according to this article

I am not sure what second popup is, please provide us with Screenshot to allow us better understand your situation.

Thank you

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ
June 30, 2011 11:46 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #168349
LucyMay2

Novice
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I have enabled the toolbar to stop the pop up but I would like to be able to hide the toolbar as I don't want to use it so it just 'clutters' up the top of the page. When I enabled it I got a message that said 'The AVG security toolbar was hidden within your browser, so we have restored it, in case you hid it by mistake. If you wish to keep the AVG security toolbar hidden, please go to toolbar options then advanced options and change the display settings.' Please can you give me some tips on how to do this as I am unable to find toolbar options. The 2nd pop up hasn't appeared for a while so maybe it has given up!! The link you gave me to internet explorer 9 pop ups is really helpful though so if it does I'll try that. Thanks again. Lucy
July 3, 2011 20:43 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #168537
dusano123

Hello LucyMay2,

When the toolbar is displayed again, disable it as seen on attached screenshot.
Right click on some empty space next to address bar and uncheck AVG Security Toolbar.
Confirm disabling of BHO component.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ
disable.jpg
July 4, 2011 07:44 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #168557
LucyMay2

Novice
Thanks very much again! Lucy x
December 23, 2011 01:48 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #185500
jah359

Novice
Steps here don't work for me..

The pop-up comes up again later on IE9 for me. How do I get rid of it?
December 27, 2011 08:18 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #185721
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello jah359,

In order to analyze your situation please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, etc).

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
December 27, 2011 18:29 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #185779
Resp21

Novice
I'm having the exact same issue. No matter how many times you say to not enable it, the message keeps returning. I've even enabled it and tried to hide it unsuccessfully. I then disabled it once more, and the message has returned as a popup once again at the bottom of the webpage. Very annoying.
December 28, 2011 12:04 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #185844
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Resp21,

Please note that this issue is in Internet Explorer 9 not AVG.

If you do not like AVG toolbar I recommend you to uninstall it through add/remove components.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
December 30, 2011 01:28 Re: Pop Ups About AVG Security Toolbar #186086
Resp21

Novice
I have tried unsuccessfully to uninstall the ad-on. There is no option in "uninstall a program" for a toolbar. I also did a search on the computer for "add/remove components" and no such phrase exists in Windows 7n.
Page 1 of 2 12››