Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD
Page 1 of 2 12››
December 15, 2011 19:11 C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #184690
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
fnkdctr

Novice
Very disappointed in AVG..

The install using a USB drive was (not responding) for at least 2 minutes.. finally it went through. Got it to boot to the recovery cd, and no AVG drivers are under my windows system32 directory.

Im running a Testdisk 6.11 on your disk, but this is a horrible mess which has already taken almost 45 minutes.

I installed your product, and uninstalled it, this is my immediate BSOD and google related to your product. I had no windows issues and no viruses which is the reason I removed your product. Not pleased at all. To think I used to do tech support for a major company and suggested your product as a free trial. Never again.

I'll post my resolution. Any suggestions would be appreciated so I dont waste more time.
December 15, 2011 21:07 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #184704
fnkdctr

Novice
still no resolution..

I downloaded AVG last night, this is still an issue since 2010 and needs to be fixed.

I believe your AVG deleted an important windows .dll

I have done your 3292 hotfix and the other hotfix, still not resolved

I have attempted to update, rename files and even done AVG searches using another hard drive.

I do not believe AVG is causing this, but was the cause. This is AVG deleting Windows system files, and then passing off the issue to Microsoft because your horrible software has corrupted the operating system for a year.

I have wasted hours now, and I may have to reinstall windows 7 all over. I will pay geek squad for backing up my data and recovery, reinstall and send AVG the bill if you dont have a resolution to the problem you have created and not fixed in over a year.
December 15, 2011 22:18 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #184711
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello fnkdctr,

There was similar issue connected to AVG update about a year ago. Update was immediately removed from our servers.

Issue you are experiencing could be possibly caused by malfunctioning hardware.
Please try to check your hard drive and memory for errors.

Please also provide us with few recent dump files located in C:\windows\minidump
You should be able to gather the files using AVG Rescue CD.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
December 20, 2011 00:41 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #185104
fnkdctr

Novice
AVG removes Windows 7 dll causing BSOD..

How dare you suggest this is hardware related when this is caused by your software.

A missing file has nothing to do with hardware. I have 3 hard drives, and even did a bios memtest.

This is a direct result of downloading, installing your software, and then uninstalling it within hours.

This issue has not been corrected in your updates, and people need to know.

I downloaded the most recent AVG from your website

http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

I then installed and ran it, without updating it. It removed a system32 .dll file it found suspicious. However, your anti virus didnt delete the file until I uninstalled it. I then rebooted my computer and result was this blue screen of death.

I google'd this issue, and many others have the same problem with your software and your company even admitting to removal of system windows 7 files by mistake.

Now you go and tell me it was corrected? It was hardware issues?

I ran many tests, I used your AVG boot cd which was worthless. I tried to locate AVG files, none on my hard drive. I tried your two hotfixes, one which addresses this exact issue. Hotfix 3292 is it? Still not resolved.

I then used my windows cd to attempt repair, I ran chkdsk, I even installed my drive as a slave, ran multiple scans and error corrections, still not resolved.

After wasting much of my time, I am aware that your software deleted a system32 .dll file and I wish I was able to fix my issue so I could confirm the actual file name, but google reports and your 3292 hotfix are all the evidence the computer world needs.

This error is common with damage or corrupt software, and is very rarely hardware related.

I installed my drive as a slave, formatted it, and reinstalled windows 7 64bit without an issue. My computer is running great, no hardware issues, all updated. No blue screens. memtest and hard drive checks come back clean. Great.

I would like to say not only is your software still ruining windows 7 computers, your update has not corrected it. You are either wrong and still have issues, or you are offering a install client that has the older version, and still removes windows 7 system files when not updated. Either way, you are putting out software that costs people a lot of time and money.

I used to do tech support for Acer/Gateway/Emachines and suggested AVG as a free antivirus. Never again. Instead I will not only tell them how you completely destroyed my operating system, also in safe mode, but I will also explain your ignorant reply attempting to blame hardware.

AVG needs to do something before the BBB is contacted about know issues you refuse to fix.

Thank you for wasting about 8 hours of my time.
December 20, 2011 14:58 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #185189
nemethste

Administrator
Hello fnkdctr,

AVG is not able to remove system files. For more information about, please check weekly overview 51/2011.

fnkdctr wrote
I then installed and ran it, without updating it. It removed a system32 .dll file it found suspicious. However, your anti virus didnt delete the file until I uninstalled it. I then rebooted my computer and result was this blue screen of death.

Your computer was most likely infected by some malicious software. Please note that even system files and drivers may became infected, however if you are suspecting that the AVG may be the culprit of the issue, please induce the issue again and provide us with avg anti-virus scan results, minidump from c:\windows\minidump or single file c:\windows\MEMORY.DMP and with AVG Rescue CD log files for further investigation.

Whether you encounter an issue with missing or corrupted system file in the future, you may copy it from some un-infected working computer which has the same version of OS and paste it to the damaged one. Complete system re-install is not necessary in such case. To replace system file while the system is not running you may use AVG Rescue CD or any other live Linux distribution.

According to the information you provided us with, your computer was infected. We recommend to run anti-virus scan on all drives, because there is possibility that viruses are still present.

Have a nice day.

EDIT by Will_h: added dump file info
December 20, 2011 23:40 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #185233
fnkdctr

Novice
AVG has no clue..

Dusan Obert (Manager)

"Issue you are experiencing could be possibly caused by malfunctioning hardware."

nemethste (Manager)

"Your computer was most likely infected by some malicious software"

Which is it? Hardware or software? How do you confuse the two? Can we blame my ISP and Microsoft next?

"Whether you encounter an issue with missing or corrupted system file in the future, you may copy it from some un-infected working computer which has the same version of OS and paste it to the damaged one. Complete system re-install is not necessary in such case. To replace system file while the system is not running you may use AVG Rescue CD or any other live Linux distribution. "

I used Kasperky first, my drive came back clean. I ran Malwarebytes, my drive came back clean. I uninstalled Kaspersky, rebooted, installed AVG, and performed a scan. It SUSPECTED a system32 file, but it was not CONFIRMED a virus.

This is a KNOWN ISSUE in your 3292 update. This error is caused by AVG software.

Your client download is not an updated version and is still causing the Windows 7 64bit issue.

Please update your client download so people offline can also run your software without suffering from a BSoD and get horrible answers from tech support.

Its hardware, no, no he said infection.. it must be software now!

No, its an AVG known issue.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/02/avg_auto_immune_update/
"Horror AVG update ballsup bricks Windows 7"

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/avg-update-causes-windows-bsod-2010122/
"AVG update causes Windows BSoD"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fam3-KSfA3A
Uploaded by officialAVG 50,139 views 33 likes, 20 dislikes
"Updated AVG 2011 Rescue CD/USB (for 3292 update)"

it seems like more than 50,000 people have had the same issue, which is why you disabled comments on youtube.

Please fix your broken software, one more rude reply, and I'm going to recreate this issue, then contact the BBB for compensation, negligence, and failure to accept and resolve known issues.
December 21, 2011 12:37 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #185276
nemethste

Administrator
Hello fnkdctr,

The issue you are referring to, one year old update, which contained serious bug and had been withdrawn from our servers within few hours and fixed. It has not ever been included to any installation package.

fnkdctr wrote
Dusan Obert (Manager)

"Issue you are experiencing could be possibly caused by malfunctioning hardware."

nemethste (Manager)

"Your computer was most likely infected by some malicious software"

Dusan Obert suspected that it may be hardware issue according to the insufficient information you provided us with, while I assumed that it may had been caused by malware on the base of your reply to Dusan Oberts post.

fnkdctr wrote
I used Kasperky first, my drive came back clean. I ran Malwarebytes, my drive came back clean. I uninstalled Kaspersky, rebooted, installed AVG, and performed a scan. It SUSPECTED a system32 file, but it was not CONFIRMED a virus.

Please note that no anti-virus solution is able to provide 100% protection. If the file is detected by one anti-virus and by the another not, it does not mean it is clear, but that it is most likely infected.

fnkdctr wrote
This is a KNOWN ISSUE in your 3292 update. This error is caused by AVG software.

Your client download is not an updated version and is still causing the Windows 7 64bit issue.

Current build of virus database is 4697. New builds are automatically tested to old bugs, so there is no possibility that it will appear again.

If you want to exactly know what had caused the issue, please provide us with information requested in my previous post.

Thank you

December 21, 2011 15:09 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #185292
will_h

fnkdctr wrote
No, its an AVG known issue.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/02/avg_auto_immune_update/
"Horror AVG update ballsup bricks Windows 7"

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/avg-update-causes-windows-bsod-2010122/
"AVG update causes Windows BSoD"

You are referring to 1 year! old issue, which was pulled down after 4 hours. I don't think that anybody is suffering with this issue now. Do you have virus DB 3292 ?

December 22, 2011 17:28 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #185461
fnkdctr

Novice
AVG 2012 garbage..

Its a one year issue, and its still going on daily. Google this error, it is 100% AVG related, and goes on daily.

Yes you fixed the 3292 update, but your new AVG 2012 is garbage and bricks Windows 7 64 bit the same.

Im not the only one with the issue, try google.

To say it was hardware, then software shows the lack of education and training from your forum trolls.

Show me anywhere in the world this error is hardware related.

Show me the proof that AVG "suspected" files are actually a virus.

In fact, your garbage software does more damage than resolves. Google it, your software suspects MANY files and conflicts with MANY programs.

Not only will I complain on every major website, I will attempt to recreate this issue and post it on the BBB since your ignorant staff wants to throw pathetic trouble shooting like HARDWARE at customers when even a first day geek squad employee would laugh at that suggestion.

Never again AVG, I will notify thousands of people if not more. Enjoy.
December 23, 2011 08:44 Re: C0000135 With %HS Missing BSOD #185512
nemethste

Administrator
Hello fnkdctr,

This forum was established to help users on resolving their issues with AVG products or help them to get rid of the infection.

If you want to know the exact cause of the issue, please provide us with requested data for analysis.

If you would like to make a complaint, please fill in customer feedback form.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12››