Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » AVG Reports That Internet Explorer Using Too Much Memory...
December 6, 2011 18:14 AVG Reports That Internet Explorer Using Too Much Memory... #183671
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
DDDDDJEZ

Novice
Hello,
This is My First Post, My O/S is Windows 7 [64 bit] Home Ed, my laptop is a Dell Studio XX it has 4gb of Ram installed and a 320 Gb SaTa Hdd with 120gb Free Space, the CPU is a duo core Intel 2.20Ghz and the onboard pci express video Card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series with 512 Mb on board ram.

The issues I am having is that AVG is reporting that INTERNET Explorer(9) is using too much memory;
for EG: if I was web browsing and some time later an AVG message would pop up stating that INTERNET Explorer is using 256mb of memory... the only thing I do is close the Notice that popped up and continue on... This is starting to become some what annoying angry as I am job hunting via the web...

I have gone into:
Device manager> Systems Properties> Advanced> Performance Options> Advanced
and set the Virtual Memory Paging file to 2048 Mb hit apply and restarted the laptop...

My Question is,, is there a setting for AVG, to increase the Memory size, say to 1gb therefore kinda giving INTERNET Explorer room to brave, if so, how can I change the setting and where are they

Thank you for any help
thinking Dj~Ez thinking
December 6, 2011 18:28 Re: AVG Reports That Internet Explorer Using Too Much Memory... #183672
BIG AL 43

@ DDDDDJEZ

Have a look @ Weekly Overview: 48/2011(Scroll Down).. AVG Advisor.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 6, 2011 18:36 Re: AVG Reports That Internet Explorer Using Too Much Memory... #183674
DDDDDJEZ

Novice
Report... AVG Vs Internet Explorer....

Thank you kind Sir, will let you know if it did work
again thanks for the tip
wink Dj~Ez wink