Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2011 » Whats The Point Of Your Upgrades When It Doesnt Improve The Speed/Connection Of My PC??
November 26, 2011 10:30 Whats The Point Of Your Upgrades When It Doesnt Improve The Speed/Connection Of My PC?? #182443
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
suelin12

Novice
For a LONG time i have been having problems with your security. I once used Kapersky, McAfee and Norton. All of which was totally rubbish. Back in the day your security was highly recommended as being the best there is, so immediately i switched to using your security system. At £40 a box i was happy to pay that because i truly believed your system was good and for a while it was. Then over a year ago i started to experience problems whereby the speed was appauling. I did everything right like updating and scanning the whole system daily and clearing the cookies on the system , but still it continued to be awfully slow. I had contacted my internet provider on several accounts whom confirmed i am receiving adequate speed downloads from them, but its only at my end it fails to be transmitted sufficently. They looked at the system and first concluded a conflict with your firewall and windows firewall. The Windows firewall was automatically disabled, but this didnt improve at all. We even checked whether programs are running in the background-nothing.
Another problem i face with your system is when i log in sometimes the functions which protect my pc are automatically disabled, so i have to spend over 15 mins rebooting the system. Sometimes it takes me over an hour just to get onto the internet. My membership is due to run out in 60 days and considering i am experiencing problems with you, i am not sure i will purchase another one of your systems unless you PUT THIS RIGHT.

And dont be giving me any virgin help telephone number to call and be charged to get assistance. I didnt purchase a VIRGIN security system. I purchased a AVG system, so i want it sorted.
November 26, 2011 12:08 Re: Whats The Point Of Your Upgrades When It Doesnt Improve The Speed/Connection Of My PC?? #182450
suelin12

Novice
AVG are nothing but con people & extremely unprofessional..

I posted earlier the problem i have been having with AVG security system. I spoke with an online technican who didnt have a clue but prompted me to call VIRGIN HELP. Which i must add says THEY CHARGE A FEE. I then called another number with was for AVG themselves and spent more than 20 minutes speaking to one of the most unprofessional advisors who was so adamant to have me upgrade to the 2012 version and not deal with the immediate problem facing my existing AVG software. Instructions was sent and i advise him that when i try to respond to his email instructions it keeps crashing and asked whether i can follow the steps and go through it whilst he was on the phone. He refused but still insisted that i install the 2012 version even though i have 60 days left on 2011. I became angry because i purchased the 2011 version and if they couldnt sort this out, what happens if a problem develops in the 2012 version? not only that. I will later be charged for the 2012 version or be left without security.

I then requested to speak to the manager who was not any better. she told me to install the 2012 version and also recommended me to virgin help. I advised her that virgin charges a fee and she said they only charge if it is not an avg fault. I called them again and was advised that she had misinformed me , that they DO CHARGE.. So my advise to anyone who wants to purchase AVG..DONT! because their advisors are useless. They just want your money and sod the rest! :angry:
November 28, 2011 16:25 Re: Whats The Point Of Your Upgrades When It Doesnt Improve The Speed/Connection Of My PC?? #182713
nemethste

Administrator
Hello suelin12,

We apologize for any bad experience, you had with our technical support.
Please note, that your license number will work for AVG 2012 as well. You can upgrade your AVG to a newest version always free of charge. More information can be found in FAQ

Slowdown issues you are experiencing, can have various origin. In order to fix that, please follow these steps:

1.) Upgrade AVG following this guide
2.) If the slowdown issue persists, please provide us with Msinfo32 output and Gmer scan results for further analysis.

Thank you

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support