Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » AVG Network Protection » LinkScanner Is A Virus Himself!!
November 16, 2011 21:52 LinkScanner Is A Virus Himself!! #181260
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
mosrob

Novice
I have a site with an application which uses normal redirect to move between pages.
Since I have installed AVG 2012 when I keep active SurfShield all the pages are unable to do any redirect!! (both Firefox and IE browsers are affected, not Chrome!!!)
I think this is is an unexpected behaviour which damages the visitors of my site which use that application together with AVG!!!!

I ask with urgency if this is a known BUG and if there is a workaround, something to insert in php header to bypass the problem.

Otherwise I have to put a warning in the main page which suggest to CHANGE ANTIVIRUS.

thanks
November 17, 2011 11:05 Pages Don't Open With Surf-Shield Active #181323
mosrob

Novice
In IE and Firefox 7 and 8 when I call a php page which performs a regular redirect (I use php header function) it happens that browser waits infinitely without loading the redirected page.
The redirect page is clear and no virus or threats are found in it, so it is very strange that AVG freeze the browser without any message.

The result is that many users cannot use my online application since (probably) they have installed AVG 2012.

Besides, the application cannot avoid to use redirect since it jumps to several pages and use php sessions so this is a big problem for me and for some users of my online application.

If I disable surf-shield everithing works fine as always happened before installing AVG 2012.
I never had this problem before with AVG.

I have experienced only a slowness with active-shield on which make a lot of http calls to many sites together, but this is another problem.....

Any ideas about it?

Thanks
November 22, 2011 10:57 Re: LinkScanner Is A Virus Himself!! #181930
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello mosrob,

In order to analyze your situation please provide us with more information (better description of issue, etc).

--
EDIT by jirka82:
As we are not able to induce the situation in our environment, please provide us with a list of URL's where the redirection is not working, basic information about your system and AVG and an msinfo output for brief analysis.
--

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us