Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » AVG Free Slows Down My Internet
November 16, 2011 13:40 AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #181173
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
junda1992

Novice
Ever since i installed AVG free, my internet became really slow. My downloading now take twice as long and my online gaming experiences bad delay. i believe the avg modified my firewall maybe? Now i uninstalled avg but the problem still persists. Please help !
November 16, 2011 14:13 Re: AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #181182
nemethste

Administrator
Hello junda1992,

In order to completely uninstall AVG (and all possible remains), please follow this thread.
If the issue persists, please provide us with Msinfo32 output for further analysis.

Thank you

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 17, 2011 13:46 Re: AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #181356
junda1992

Novice
msinfo..

Hi attached is the msinfo. Please advise. My internet got slower and cpu usage is always almost at 100% after i installed avg.
November 18, 2011 12:31 Re: AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #181516
ondraploteny

Administrator
Hello junda1992,

please be informed that my analysis of provided information does not reveal any exact culprit of described situation. Except installed Microsoft Security Client (maybe instead of AVG) and many errors (crashes) in event protocols.

Is possible to provide us with Gmer and Autoruns outputs?

Else please provide us with more information about processes highly using the CPU when AVG is installed on your computer. If AVG processes are involved, please provide us with all AVG logs.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
November 18, 2011 15:05 Re: AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #181536
junda1992

Novice
the average process of the task is only abt 30k, but somehw the cpu usage is abnormally high
November 21, 2011 13:00 Re: AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #181799
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello junda1992,

About Internet slow down if your situation occur even after AVG uninstallation than this issue is not caused by AVG (Try contact your ISP for help on your situation).

High cpu usage after installing AVG was caused by running multiple resident part (Microsoft Security Client) - please read this post for more information.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
October 15, 2012 12:35 Re: AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #218507
RoniJean

Novice
same same..

I'm having exactly the same problem. It WAS immediately after I updated AVG, I've not installed or updated anything else. My internet speeds were great before as we'd just sorted a problem with the line connectors and had them replaced. Now it's all gone to hell again. Thanks AVG, I'll be following the thread to completely remove the product.

We, as the regular users of our computers and internet know when something isn't right, and when it happened. It's the same with cars, we know when something isn't right because we drive them all the time. It never ceases to amaze me how software programmers are always quick to say it couldn't be a problem with the product, when we users know damn well that it is. AVG, something in your upgrade has completely stuffed our pc performance. Maybe it's not happening with everybody's pc, but it's certainly happened with mine and the OP's.
November 6, 2012 16:57 Disapproved post #219963
osimo

Novice
The post has been evaluated as inappropriate and therefore it was disapproved.
November 15, 2012 12:24 Re: AVG Free Slows Down My Internet #220419
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello RoniJean,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support