Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Registration and License issues » Difficulties With Nickname & Changing Password
October 31, 2011 00:10 Difficulties With Nickname & Changing Password #179054
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
beejh50

Novice
In the last couple of days I have experienced difficulties with AVG Free (8.5 & 9) on 3 PCS using seperately XP, Vista & W7-64 (all on vdb=271.1.1/4558 which won't go OK but stays outdated on all). I am currently using AVG Rescue CD to ensure their health is OK.

BUT The purpose of this post though is to say I had simulatenous difficulties accessing my AVG Forum account and in trying to change the password (from a possibly compromised PC).

When trying to change pwd I received mesg "There is a problem with your request for a new password. Either the email address you supplied is not in our database or you have already submitted a request within the past 48 hours". This was before I had requested. My first actual request was about (Sydney time Noonish (29/10)

I am now on internet cafe PC (clean) and have had trouble using my old nickname (which I was told was already in use. I therefore added suffix -B to same to log this post.

At the cafe I was able to login OK with pwd but had difficulties with nickname as stated.

On the compromised PC I was unable to even create a new id - the browser dialog just seemed to "go to sleep".

What is my question then?

I don't have one exactly, I just need to check the status of my account and why I couldn't use my old nickname or change the paasword.

I maybe back if I can't get any of my vdbs to go active.
October 31, 2011 12:20 Re: Difficulties With Nickname & Changing Password #179101
BIG AL 43

@ beejh50-B

AVG Technologies are aware of logging on nickname issues.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 31, 2011 23:56 Re: Difficulties With Nickname & Changing Password #179176
beejh50

Novice
Re Nickname problem..

Thanks Al that's reassuring - I will go with new nickname then with -B suffix and forget the old one.

So far no viruses detected by AVG CD rescue or Windows version all a/v databases OK now - with new sig file 4585 - think prior one must have been corrupted in transit to PC. , but Windows Explorer suggesting (or defender?) suggesting Poshkill attached to USBUI.DLL - AVG doesn't recognise this in scan....

I will log this in correct forum if required for this matter.

ta Brian
November 1, 2011 11:09 Re: Difficulties With Nickname & Changing Password #179215
BIG AL 43

@ beejh50

Nickname issue update.... http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=179199#post_179199.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 4, 2011 00:15 Re: Difficulties With Nickname & Changing Password #179641
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello beejh50,

Forum issues should be already solved by now.
If you would like us to check your computer for any infection, please provide us with both GMER outputs.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support