Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » AVG E-mail Protection » Emails Not Scanned Because Email Is Encrypted (Eudora)
October 27, 2011 15:18 Emails Not Scanned Because Email Is Encrypted (Eudora) #178714
Beeeb

Novice
After installing AVG Free 2012 whenever I download my email messages, using Eudora, I get the following message (or something very close):

Email cannot scan messages because the connection is encrypted.

Other than updating to the 2012 version nothing else has changed.

The screen shots of my email setting are attached.

Doug.

PS.
Windows XP Service Pack 3
POP 3
Eudora 7.1
October 27, 2011 17:51 Re: Emails Not Scanned Because Email Is Encrypted (Eudora) #178739
will_h

Hi Beeeb,

please have a look @ this post.

Thank you

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 5, 2011 22:20 Re: Emails Not Scanned Because Email Is Encrypted (Eudora) #179878
BruceAJohnson

Novice
Beeeb wrote
After installing AVG Free 2012 whenever I download my email messages, using Eudora, I get the following message (or something very close):

Email cannot scan messages because the connection is encrypted.

Other than updating to the 2012 version nothing else has changed.

The screen shots of my email setting are attached.

Doug.

PS.
Windows XP Service Pack 3
POP 3
Eudora 7.1

After solving this issue myself, I created some webpages to help others with this.

See: http://brucejohnson.ca/avg.html

» If at first you succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
~
Bruce A. Johnson in Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
April 18, 2013 17:44 Re: Emails Not Scanned Because Email Is Encrypted (Eudora) #228049
Funwood 1

Novice
Thanks Bruce

Called Avg support with this issue today and was told that my machine was full of trash and for $189.00 for one subscription to AVG clean service the fix the problem. :crying: Found your thread and used on Thunder Bird 13 And it worked ThankYou :laughing:

I'm sorry now for making the switch to AVG. The computer shop gave AVG a very high rating on the software. Support overseas SAD :angry: You need a PHD to keep up with the changes!!!

Win Xp

Os was installed 3 weeks before problem

ThunderBird 13