Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 9/8.5 » AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated
October 21, 2011 19:19 AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #178012
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
jonz_co

Novice
I am running AVG Internet Security 9.0.917 on Windows XP Pro. I am running a "small home or office network". I have paid for a license for 3 computers which expires in January.

Starting about a month ago - about once a week I have been getting a message about a Firewall failure. I reconfigure the Firewall and then have to OK the various programs that access the internet. Annoying, but it seems to have worked OK.

Yesterday there wasn't a Firewall problem, but AVG developed a new problem. I now have a "Database is outdated" message on the Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware components. Update now tells me "Update completed successfully." And, I need to restart my computer.

I have restarted the computer multiple times - a couple of times via Restart and several more times with a total shutdown of the system.

Suggestions?

jonz_co
October 21, 2011 19:46 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #178015
BIG AL 43

@ jonz_co

Please upload the "avgupd.log" and "avgupdm.log" files in an archive to the forum or some online storage for brief analysis as described in this how-to article plus please also provide us with the MSinfo output....

In conjunction with AVG Tech Support the AVG Team are also now monitoring this new 'paid for' section of the new forum so someone should spot your posting! They may enter the forum @ anytime but perhaps not over the weekend. It may well be Monday morning. Look out for the AVG logo avatar! The AVG Team are based @ Brno in the Czech Rep but please bear in mind it's now Friday evening there (Czech Rep time 21:46).

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 21, 2011 21:12 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #178021
jonz_co

Novice
Files..

Here are the requested files.

jonz_co
October 27, 2011 06:56 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #178656
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello jonz_co,

For help on your situation please try replace file updatecomps.cfg by file updatecomps.cfg.prepare and restart computer. The files are located in folder

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg9\cfg

Windows Vista/7
C:\ProgramData\avg9\cfg

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 16, 2011 21:30 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #181254
jonz_co

Novice
title..

Thank you for the response. I have been on vacation.

I will try the 'fix' later this week when I have caught up on everything else.

Thanks - Bea
November 17, 2011 16:04 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #181387
jonz_co

Novice
Thanks - that seemed to work. It took 2 reboots, but finally all the databases are up to date. Hopefully it will also stop the firewall failures.

Bea
November 22, 2011 13:58 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #181961
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello jonz_co,

We are happy to see that your issue is resolved

Thank you for posting back

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
November 22, 2011 23:04 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #182029
jonz_co

Novice
It still seems fixed - no dropped firewall since my last message.

FWIW - I don't consider posting to a forum support to paying customers. You used to have excellant email support for AVG. I tried to get the phone system to work with no success and the chat had a wait of 30-40 peole. I don't consider that support, so I'll take that into consideration in January when my license is up for renewal.

Bea
December 14, 2011 20:08 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #184583
jonz_co

Novice
continuing..

The database problem has been solved.

The firewall still gets dropped about once a week. I have to reconfigure each time. Windows is shut down correctly each day.

Is there a 'fix' for this problem.

Bea
December 15, 2011 11:18 Re: AVG Internet Security 9 - Database Is Outdated #184627
nemethste

Administrator
Hello jonz_co

Updating AVG to a newest version is highly recommended. Firewall component had been improved in 2012 version therefore it will not only solve the issue you are experiencing but also improve your security. You do not need to pay extra money when you are updating to a newer version, because you already own license.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us