Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » [SOLVED] iTunes Store Will Not Load
Page 1 of 7 1234››
October 18, 2011 20:17 [SOLVED] iTunes Store Will Not Load #177517
Traskelman

Novice
Windows 7 64-bit
AVG Family Safety
Windows Defender
Windows Firewall

When opening iTunes, the iTunes Store does not load--page is blank and after a few minutes only some of the text loads (see attachment). All other aspects of iTunes work fine. I have done a clean uninstall and install of iTunes and followed every troubleshooting step in the Apple forums.

I checked AVG Family Safety settings and ensured that iTunes is not blocked. I also tried disabling the parental controls for my user and still had the issue.

Using msconfig, I disabled all startup items and services except for Apple and AVG. Still, iTunes store will not load. As a last resprt, I will uninstall AVG Family Safety. I like the Family Safety product but it is not working with iTunes.

Please help if you have suggestions or fix the product.
itunes store.PNG
October 18, 2011 21:03 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #177530
BIG AL 43

@ Traskelman

In conjunction with AVG Tech Support the AVG Team are also now monitoring this new 'paid for' section of the new forum so someone should spot your posting! They may enter the forum @ anytime. Look out for the AVG logo avatar!

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 21, 2011 11:27 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #177923
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Traskelman,

According to reports we received and our testing there was no issue with iTunes 10.4 but started with iTunes 10.5.
From our point of view this situation is caused by Apple so please try contact Apple support for help on your situation.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 22, 2011 19:51 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #178119
melitmak

Novice
So what is the issue? Pointing at Apple is fine, but help those of us who PAID AVG for Family Safety. Awesome that reports and testing identified something, but what should we refer to when contacting their support?

Going to try uninstalling FS to see what happens given the fact that there's something known (but not shared!). Very happy with AVG for our business and support has been excellent on that platform. Puzzled by the response.
October 22, 2011 20:07 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #178123
melitmak

Novice
Update - Removed FS and iTunes loaded perfectly. I thought FS would be a great option after K9 turned into a mess. Once a fix is reported I'll try it again since I've paid for FS, but a better response from AVG is certainly warranted. Just looking for a little help instead of burning hours of our lives we won't get back. Ugh...
October 22, 2011 21:25 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #178131
BIG AL 43

@ melitmak

Just to add to my previous posting #177530.... In conjunction with AVG Tech Support the AVG Team are also now monitoring this new 'paid for' section of the new forum so someone should spot your posting! They may enter the forum @ anytime but perhaps not over the weekend. It may well be Monday morning. Look out for the AVG logo avatar! The AVG Team are based @ Brno in the Czech Rep but please bear in mind it's now late Saturday evening there (Czech Rep time 23:25).

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 4, 2011 13:38 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #179714
jirka82

Administrator
Hello melitmak,

Please accept our apology for delayed answer. It seems your post got buried, unfortunately.

According to nav2004's post #179545, this issue is being discussed on Apple forums as well. It seems that the situation is induced with various network filtering application since iTunes update. (No AVG Family Safety update occurred during the respective time period.)

Thank you.
November 11, 2011 13:40 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #180573
mattagoat

Novice
disappointed Windows XP
AVG 2012
Mozilla Firefox
AVG Family Safety
AVG PC Tune Up

Since 6th Nov 2012, I have contacted Apple on 2 separate occasions, even sending them a diagnostic breakdown of what has happened since I downloaded AVG 2012 and AVG Family Safety onto my PC. Also, I have contacted AVG support by phone on 3 occasions to see if they could shine any light on the issues I have had in trying to access itunes store much to the annoyance of my wife.

After loading AVG 2012 and Family Safety, I lost access to the itunes store. It would partially load and the green progress bar would stick/stop halfway eventually saying, "itunes could not connect to the itunes store. You are not connected to the internet", when I knew nothing was wrong with my internet connection. Then a message would appear "Connection timed out".

Apple directed me to some of their support forums and none of their suggestions were able to help. I had the feeling that it was the AVG 2012 software that was the issue and systematically disabled each component 1by 1 to no avail. I then found this thread and low and behold the solution worked.

I removed AVG Family Safety by going into programs, and uninstalled the software programme and now have itunes store back online. It doesn't work if you try and disable AVG Family Safety by turning Parental Control "Off". You must uninstall the whole programme.

The onus is now back to AVG to remedy and find a solution to this issue and, as a gesture of goodwill, may I suggest a refund to all those who subscribed to AVG Family Safety where issues have arisen. For the sake of the children this should be a free app, because how do you place a £0.95 cost on your childs safety when it doesn't work.

November 11, 2011 15:53 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #180597
jirka82

Administrator
Hello mattagoat,

We recommend installing iTunes 10.4.1.10 which has been verified to work alongside AVG Family Safety. (We do not recommend installing iTunes version 10.4.0.80.) Should you face any challenge installing lower version of iTunes kindly contact Apple technical support for assistance.

We can offer no other work-around, unfortunately.

Thank you.
November 11, 2011 20:41 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #180635
cam17

Novice
jirka82 wrote
Hello mattagoat,

We recommend installing iTunes 10.4.1.10 which has been verified to work alongside AVG Family Safety. (We do not recommend installing iTunes version 10.4.0.80.) Should you face any challenge installing lower version of iTunes kindly contact Apple technical support for assistance.

We can offer no other work-around, unfortunately.

Thank you.

I did try to downgrade to solve this problem. It did not work. The iTunes store still would not load as long as AVG Family Safety was installed even using 10.4.1.10 after having used 10.5. Can't pretend to understand all this.
Page 1 of 7 1234››