September 11, 2011 19:23 What Is Luhe.Fiha.A #172618
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
cleora

Novice
AVG keeps finding Luhe.Fiha.A , but can't fix it. did online scan and scanned with other products. Only AVG FINDS IT. Is it real? What do I Do?w
September 11, 2011 19:30 Re: What Is Luhe.Fiha.A #172621
BIG AL 43

Reporting suspected false positives to virus@avg.com.... Only option available as an AVG Free user.... Please follow these instructions What to do if you suspect a detection is a false positive.

Also if you think that a file is being detected in error, you can submit it here http://samplesubmit.avg.com/ww-en/false-detection on this new webpage.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 5, 2012 11:42 Re: What Is Luhe.Fiha.A #196825
pwhite17

Novice
Luhe.Fiha.A..

I'm getting a threat detected on two files in my system both named tmgss.exe which is part of a foxpro-based database program I use extensively. The files are in two separate versions of the same program. When I click on more info and then enter Luhe.Fiha.A AVG tells me it can't find anything about that threat. I suspect it's a false threat as the file has the same modified date and size as the software manufacturer indicated. It's an exe file and I cannot upload it because supposedly I don't have permission. It tells me to contact the file owner or administrator for permission. I am the administrator on my computer so am not sure what's going on.

Is this a false virus?
April 5, 2012 12:41 Re: What Is Luhe.Fiha.A #196831
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello pwhite17,

I suggest you compress (pack) file before uploading.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 5, 2012 16:27 Re: What Is Luhe.Fiha.A #196848
pwhite17

Novice
The file is a program file and an .exe file. Every time I try to do anything to it (upload, move, compress) I get the same message that I don't have permission.
April 5, 2012 18:56 Re: What Is Luhe.Fiha.A #196862
pwhite17

Novice
False Positive on Luhe.Fiha.A virus?..

I have the same program installed on my laptop and netbook as well as the desktop where the original "threat" was located. My laptop also picked up the file as a threat with AVG 2012 and current virus definitions. I then tried my netbook which hasn't been used in several months. It scanned clean at first. When I updated my virus definitions it then picked up the file as a threat. I am quite certain I don't have a virus on all three computers. I think something in the newer definitions is giving a false positive.
April 11, 2012 07:54 Re: What Is Luhe.Fiha.A #197281
nemethste

Administrator
Hello pwhite17,

You cannot move or compress files of running program. Please copy detected file to another location and then please follow steps mentioned by BigAl.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support