Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play
Page 1 of 2 12››
September 10, 2011 22:06 AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #172539
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
soulevoker

Novice
I am using the free trial of AVG 2012 Internet Security.
As stated in the title, I cannot watch more than 00:50-1:30 of a Youtube video whilst the "Accelerator" runs. I don't need any acceleration, since I have Verizon Fios with a 50mb/s Download. I am wondering if it is a bug currently being worked out, or what not. My other question is, how can I disable it? I really want to watch videos, and listen to music, but alas, I cannot. Thank you for your time.

Kyle.
September 10, 2011 23:17 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #172545
BIG AL 43

Kyle, At the moment this is only thread on this new forum referencing AVG Accelerator http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=172128.

I am wondering if it is a bug currently being worked out, or what not. My other question is, how can I disable it?

You're using the AVG paid for version.... Have you tried this.... Any questions concerning the Pro either Trial or Paid for version should also be directed at AVG's Tech or Sales support, who have enough tools to help you with this situation, on the main website http://www.avg.com/ww-en/support-existing or http://www.avg.com/ww-en/support-sales.

Just to make sure that you are fully aware this forum is mainly manned by AVG Free users... (and when available AVG employees)... we don't work for AVG Technologies. Some moderators of this forum are volunteers and contribute their time freely. If you see the AVG logo avatar that signifies that the person works for AVG Technologies. The forum is monitored by the AVG Team so your questions / comments will be noted & they will post. Hopefully a member of the AVG Team based @ Brno in the Czech Rep will see your post & reply but please bear in mind it's now early Sunday morning there (Czech Rep time 01:17) & also the weekend so it may well be @ least Monday. AVG support.. Weekends / Holidays.. Also have a look @ the 1st part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=159703#post_159703.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 11, 2011 18:14 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #172610
will_h

soulevoker wrote
My other question is, how can I disable it?

You can disable it in AVG Tools -> Advanced Settings -> LinkScanner -> Online Shield -> "Enable AVG Accelerator"

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 30, 2011 02:56 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #174842
McThor

Novice
message..

I just updated my AVG to a trial of the full version today and had the same problem. I just disabled the accelerator though. Now youtube is working just fine.
October 2, 2011 21:49 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #175158
rueffenuts

Novice
how to disable accelerator?..

Can't watch any youtube videos with this accelerator screwing up the playback, as mentioned above by another user. When I click on change settings link nothing comes up. It also doesn't appear in any components or tools on the control panel.

Not a happy free customer.
October 2, 2011 22:15 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #175160
BIG AL 43

rueffenuts wrote
It also doesn't appear in any components or tools on the control panel

Not a happy free customer... You've actually posted in the wrong 'paid for' forum area but since it's an easy explanation we'll let you off this time! The setting is within AVG not your Windows....

Bring up your AVG User Interface -> Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Link Scanner -> Online Shield -> "Enable AVG Accelerator" untick.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 3, 2011 00:30 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #175162
rueffenuts

Novice
found it!..

It really isn't apparent that this wasn't the appropriate forum. Since I did a search for the issue and answer, and there is nothing in the heading to indicate I'm in the wrong area. Also, I doubt this is an issue is any different with paid or unpaid versions, so it is appropriate to all that may encounter the same issue.

October 3, 2011 08:14 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #175186
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello rueffenuts,

AVG free doesn't contain AVG Accelerator so your situation can not be caused by it.

Thank you
October 3, 2011 12:22 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #175213
rueffenuts

Novice
Pokornyz wrote
Hello rueffenuts,

AVG free doesn't contain AVG Accelerator so your situation can not be caused by it.

Thank you

OK it's the trial version. Accelerator caused it. Turned it off, problem solved.
October 14, 2011 15:01 Re: AVG Accelerator Inhibits Youtube Videos To Play #176758
SteveinCW

Novice
AVG acceleator et al..

Good morning. I just registered in AVG forums, following dl and install of AVG 2012, using the Free 30 Day advanced package

I entered in search of "what is AVG Accelerator"

FWIW, on my HP Windows Vista laptop, the AVG Accel does a small popup window in lower corner prior to each Youtube playback, "Accelerating Now!!"

Does not inhibit playback whatsoever

But where can I disable that little popup notification?

tia

Steve in Clearwater FL
Page 1 of 2 12››