Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » [SOLVED] Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing
September 4, 2011 23:49 [SOLVED] Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172027
sharattam

Novice
:angry: :angry: :angry:
I recently downloaded AVG Free Version 2012
i have read the forum posts and collected the information requested...msinfo, scanresults export, and both gmer scan results
I have run whole computer scans, and files are still locked or inaccesable AFTER following your instructions hitting the windows+r and typing control folders. they still are locked and not being tested.
also, i ran an anti-rootkit scan and it comes up with three hidden objects, without a name, and avg will not remove them. after the fact it says they are inaccessable. PLEASE HELP!!!
those objects are...

"";"<unknown>";"Service function NtAlpcConnectPort hook -> 0x86A60108";"Object is inaccessible."
"";"<unknown>";"Service function NtMapViewOfSection hook -> 0x8651D4F0";"Object is hidden"
"";"<unknown>";"Service function NtCreateThreadEx hook -> 0x86A25890";"Object is hidden"

the objects that are locked from the whole computer scan are quite a bit so i exported those as well.
i am pretty sure i am doing the right thing and these rootkits are red and making me nervous. please examine and get back to me asap. thanks.
note: i can only upload 3 files at at time so i will be adding the others to another post.
September 4, 2011 23:51 Re: Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172028
sharattam

Novice
(cont.) additional exports fyi..

here are the other files that you informed me that would be useful...
September 5, 2011 05:56 Re: Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172037
fahadhasin96

Hacker
Hello sharattam,

Please try to run a full scan using updated AVG Rescue CD. In case there is a rootkit indeed and its code is detected by AVG, it can be removed using AVG Rescue CD easily (as the rootkit is inactive when the Rescue CD is booted).

I would like to inform you that your provided files will probably be investigated by AVG Technologies.

Thank you

Best Regards,
Fahad Hasin,Hacker,AVG Forums
AVG Free Forum member since - 22 May, 2011

How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 5, 2011 09:34 Re: Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172051
BIG AL 43

@ sharattam

Just to add to the ordinary AVG user fahadhasin96's post.... To update the AVG Rescue CD have a look @ this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=170938#post_170938.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 5, 2011 19:39 Re: Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172110
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello sharattam,

Please inform us if the detection persists after scanning with Rescue CD.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 7, 2011 01:23 Re: Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172222
sharattam

Novice
still the same...

:crying: yes the detection persists after i did EXACTLY what you said to do...i booted the rescue cd off of my flash drive and the rescue cd was updated before scan. i turned off system restore and i showed hidden files. i REALLY dont want to have to reformat my hard drive. the scan found more tracking cookies and took care of them...but nothing to do with the rootkits detected in the scan while in windows. same situation as stated above. thanks. unknown rootkits detected. please continue your assistance and you will soon have a customer for life. thanks. :crying:
September 7, 2011 07:45 Re: Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172241
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello sharattam,

For help on your situation please completely uninstall Norton Internet security - please read this post for more information.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 9, 2011 23:53 Re: Scan / Rootkit Problems With Removing #172460
sharattam

Novice
yo..

it worked thanks :wink: