Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS".
Page 1 of 3 123››
July 28, 2011 07:41 Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169702
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
GradyFeatherstone

Novice
Hey everyone,
Now can I just say before people start giving me links to random tutorials, please read the whole post!

A couple of days ago, I was using my computer fine... I have had AVG installed on it for a while now. I got a message that popped up on my screen saying that AVG had found a virus, and to move it to the vault, or ignore, etc......

I know it wasn't a virus, because I knew what it was, but considering I don't use it, I just clicked on "Move to Vault".

About a couple of minutes later, my computer completely froze up. I waited, and nothing happened, so I held the power button down to turn it off. When I went to restart it, it would keep getting to the "Starting Windows" screen (I'm using Windows 7 32-Bit) and then it would flash blue and restart again and do this over and over again.

When I boot in safe mode, it gets stuck on driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". I have tried using the AVG Rescue CD, (this thread: http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=132999#post_132999) but in: "mnt/sda1", there is no "Program Files" or "WINDOWS" or "System32" folders..... I also checked all the other "sda" folders, (there were 4 of them I think) and they contained none of the sort either.... :/

I have also tried to access the partition via a live cd version of Backtrack 5. All the other partitions i could access, but the windows one i couldn't (it gave a no reply error). I did find a shortcut to the C drive in one of the other partitions (god knows how it got there.... :P) but i clicked it and it opened in Wine and there were no users in the user folder and the drivers folder had only about two in it :/.....

Later on i pressed F8 at startup, and set it so that it doesn't restart automatically on error.... And the error on the Blue Screen read: "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"... I'm really annoyed because I can't access my computer, and the files aren't showing up on the rescue cd or linux, and in the wine partition, it's showing that they're not there, but I know they are, because i can see all the drivers load in Safe Mode, and even the first AVG driver loads, but it gets stuck on "AVGIDSEH.SYS".

Please help me!!!!

Thanks very much!!!

-Grady
July 28, 2011 12:50 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169717
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello GradyFeatherstone,

Some users solved this by changing SATA mode from AHCI to IDE compatibility mode in BIOS.

Several users were able to boot normally without changing anything, but first complete boot take about 30 minutes.

Other users reported that performing CHKDSK from Windows recovery console solved their situation.

If you still not able to boot please contact Microsoft support.

Please provide us with the results.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ
July 29, 2011 06:30 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169745
GradyFeatherstone

Novice
I cant find the SATA Mode in BIOS......

I looked for it on my other computer (it's an Acer) and I found it there, but I did notice that the bios on both computers are slightly different.....

My computer that I can't find the SATA Mode on is a laptop Compaq Presario CQ41 running Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit........

Thanks

-Grady
July 29, 2011 06:53 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169746
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello GradyFeatherstone,

Please try follow this post for help on your situation.

Thank you
July 29, 2011 07:29 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169747
GradyFeatherstone

Novice
in my BIOS screen, at the top, the menu only gives me the options of: Main, Security, Diagnostics, System Configuration and Exit..... There's no "Advanced" tab.... :(
July 29, 2011 08:42 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169751
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello GradyFeatherstone,

According to this post if F10 is pressed there is in System Configuration option Sata Native Support.

Thank you

July 29, 2011 09:57 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169752
GradyFeatherstone

Novice
In BIOS, I go to the "Diagnostics" tab, and the only two options that are available are "Primrary Hard Disk Self Test" and "Memory Test".

When I click on "Primrary Hard Disk Self Test", it says "#10008- Replace Hard Disk 1"......

What would this suggest other then the obvious????

Thanks
July 29, 2011 10:32 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169757
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello GradyFeatherstone,

"#10008- Replace Hard Disk 1"......

Your should contact HP with that Warranty ID error code for replacement.

Thank you
July 29, 2011 10:48 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169762
GradyFeatherstone

Novice
So, is there any way to get my files off the current windows partition? Does this mean I'm going to lose them?, I dont care if I have to reformat or get a new hdd, as long as I've got my files...

-Grady
July 29, 2011 11:21 Re: Big Problem Please Help...!! Driver "AVGIDSEH.SYS". #169764
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello GradyFeatherstone,

I recommend you to visit a computer repair shop, they may save all or at-least some of your files.

Thank you
Page 1 of 3 123››