April 22, 2011 05:27 Obnoxious Support #158489
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
27_Year_It_Pro

Junior
Dear AVG.

Your support people, at least the one i talked to on the phone - "Pablo", s***s. But i know its not just him, but the overall attitude you have towards "free" users.

The second i mentioned that i am using the FREE version, your support person went off on a tangent, talked over everything i was trying to explain and basically refused to comprehend what was coming out of my mouth. I had to stop him and remind him about 6 times that i was NOT DONE TALKING YET every time he interrupted me. His basic response to everything was "your using the free version, we don’t offer support for that."

I attempted about 3 times to explain to him that i need to talk to a sales or marketing oriented person, and he outright refused to transfer me and refused to elevate my call to anyone else. How do you expect to stay in business with a front line attitude like this ?

What are we trying to do (if you care) ?
We are about to image and install 300 computers. i know for a fact that you have a bug in your software that as we retype the Windows COA numbers, it purposely breaks AVG. the only way to fix this is to uninstall AVG and then reinstall it again. a touch of insanity of the way to "fix" a problem so simple.

Your "expert" advice of "Pablo" was that we custom install AVG on all 300 of the computers individually, and that we can not use any imaging option.

advice like that is pretty high on the idiocy list that i have encountered.

Here we are trying to install AVG and market your product, and your "expert" advice is to waste as much of our time as possible.

I have threatened this before... this time its not a threat. Address the issue or we will simply dump your product and find another alternative and a company that understands the importance of every user. Over the past 2 years we have given away over 600 computers. We currently have 800 in stock. over the next 3 years as we move to our new facility, we will be going through about 3,000 computers. That is 3,000 potential paying customers that you can decide right now if you are interested in.... or not.
April 22, 2011 09:55 Re: Obnoxious Support #158521
BIG AL 43

Just to make sure that you are fully aware this forum is only manned by other AVG Free users... (and when available AVG employees)... we don't work for AVG Technologies. Some moderators of this forum are volunteers and contribute their time freely. If you see the AVG logo avatar that signifies that the person works for AVG Technologies. The forum is monitored by the AVG Team so your questions / comments will probably be noted & they may post but unfortunately there is no direct contact for users.... i.e. AVG Technologies don't provide direct tech support for AVG Free. However this is available with the Pro either Trial or Paid for version.

Hopefully a member of the AVG Team based @ Brno in the Czech Rep will see your post & reply.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To articles | FAQ
April 22, 2011 10:14 Re: Obnoxious Support #158529
27_Year_It_Pro

Junior
BIG AL 43 wrote
Just to make sure that you are fully aware this forum is only manned by other AVG Free users.........The forum is monitored by the AVG Team so your questions / comments will probably be noted & they may post but unfortunately there is no direct contact for users.... i.e. AVG Technologies don't provide direct tech support for AVG Free.

Yes, i know.
and that is EXACTLY the basis of the issue. they dont take their customers serious.

A REAL business understands the value of every customer or contact, even if thy are not directly getting paid by that customer. Several years ago i owned an IT business. In the first 3 years of operations we outpaced other businesses that were running for 10 years. Why ? EVERY customer was treated with the same level of importance. One person in particular, would come in and talk and get advice, but never actually purchased anything. We knew him for about a year like this. Then One time we submitted a bid for a school to build a full computer classroom, network it, and install a couple of servers and other items. We got the bid. $75,000. Guess who it turnes out was the decision maker for the school ? the guy that never bought anything from us. He knew that we treated him with respect even though he never purchased anything in over a year... then how well would we treat him if he was a paying customer ?

From his referrals we ended up with about $150,000 of business, even though he himself never purchased a single thing from us.
April 22, 2011 11:46 Re: Obnoxious Support #158533
jirka82

Administrator
Hello 27_Year_It_Pro

What are we trying to do (if you care) ?
We are about to image and install 300 computers. i know for a fact that you have a bug in your software that as we retype the Windows COA numbers, it purposely breaks AVG. the only way to fix this is to uninstall AVG and then reinstall it again. a touch of insanity of the way to "fix" a problem so simple.

You have been already informed (as you have mentioned in this older post) that this is a feature not a bug. Cloning AVG installations is available for AVG business products and AVG partners for obvious reasons. Only option available for AVG Free Edition is mentioned in this sticky post, paragraph B. Additionally, you have been previously recommended to post product feedback or feature requests to www.avg.com/ww-en/product-feedback.

Here we are trying to install AVG and market your product...

If you want to became OEM partner, please check this web page.

You may be also interested in AVG license agreement.

(...)
a. Authorized Purposes means (i) personal, noncommercial purposes in the case of Software known as AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition, AVG LinkScanner, AVG LinkScanner for Mac, AVG Quick ThreatScan and the AVG Security Toolbar and (ii) your personal purposes or the internal business purposes of you and your Affiliates in the case of other Software.
(...)

...this forum is not intended for law advisory, however.

Thank you.

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ
April 22, 2011 20:34 Re: Obnoxious Support #158581
27_Year_It_Pro

Junior
jirka82 wrote
....that this is a feature not a bug.

You may be also interested in AVG license agreement.

(...)
a. Authorized Purposes means (i) personal, noncommercial purposes in the case of Software known as AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition, AVG LinkScanner, AVG LinkScanner for Mac, AVG Quick ThreatScan and the AVG Security Toolbar and (ii) your personal purposes or the internal business purposes of you and your Affiliates in the case of other Software.
(...)

...this forum is not intended for law advisory, however.

Thank you.

so.. what does that repost have to do with this conversation ?

April 26, 2011 11:53 Re: Obnoxious Support #158899
jirka82

Administrator
Hello 27_Year_It_Pro,

so.. what does that repost have to do with this conversation ?

In other words: I think it is not needed to provide mass deployment tools for personal-use products. It may be even considered as unwanted by product management, but you can post your feedback directly to them using the www.avg.com/ww-en/product-feedback web form (a phone contact is not available, unfortunately).

Please remove the commercial link from your forum signature before further postings.

Thank you.

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ