Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » AVG Installation/Uninstallation » Yet Another Setup Error, Code 0xc0070643, Troubleshot To No Avail~Help Please
January 21, 2011 11:05 Yet Another Setup Error, Code 0xc0070643, Troubleshot To No Avail~Help Please #145449
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
southpawl

Novice
Hi-- I know this is a common issue with AVG Free Edition, but Ive searched the forums over and haven't been able to fix this issue. I have ran 'avgremover.exe' as well as manually uninstalled any conflicting protectors as well as the program folders. I also reinstalled Visual C++2008 Redistribution pkg.

If its worth noting, AVG version 9 was working fine on this computer before I uninstalled to update to version 2011.

Setup Error Details-

Severity: Error
Error Code: 0xc0070643
Error Message: General internal error.
Additional message: ReloadAvi: Reloading of AVG databases failed (0XE001003D)
Context: MSI custom action

Please find the attachment with most recent log files.

PS- I apologise for the double post, my document did not seem to attach.
January 21, 2011 12:02 Re: Yet Another Setup Error, Code 0xc0070643, Troubleshot To No Avail~Help Please #145465
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello thatstraycat,

It might be caused by other antivirus/antispyware software, If you have same please uninstall it.

If it doesn't solve your issue provide us with Msinfo output

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ
January 23, 2011 01:00 Re: Yet Another Setup Error, Code 0xc0070643, Troubleshot To No Avail~Help Please #145661
southpawl

Novice
Pokornyz wrote

It might be caused by other antivirus/antispyware software, If you have same please uninstall it.

If it doesn't solve your issue provide us with Msinfo output

Thank you

Thanks for your reply. I've uninstalled all the other antivirus/antispyware software (I have software temporarily installed, which will be uninstalled before attempting to reinstalling avg again.) Please note when reading msinfo output.

Can 'Windows Defender' cause an error when installing?? If so, how to disable?? Any other windows default software which needs to be disabled??

I've attached 1.) msinfo (.7zip) and 2.) log info from previous install attempt. (.7zip)
Thanks!
January 23, 2011 13:57 Re: Yet Another Setup Error, Code 0xc0070643, Troubleshot To No Avail~Help Please #145705
BIG AL 43

Can 'Windows Defender' cause an error when installing?? If so, how to disable??

Windows Defender should be automatically turned off during installation.... Have a look @ FAQ #3596 http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-3596#num-3596.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To articles | FAQ
January 24, 2011 11:47 Re: Yet Another Setup Error, Code 0xc0070643, Troubleshot To No Avail~Help Please #145847
jirka82

Administrator
Hello southpawl,

the provided msinfo output was not complete/was corrupted, unfortunately. However, we have located a few processes that may interfere:

1. AVAST process is running. Please uninstall this security software completely (preferably using specialized uninstaller utility provided by vendor - more information).

2. The c:\windows\system32\servicescache.exe is slightly suspicious. Please provide us with the file as described in the "How To Handle Infection Suspicion?" post for analysis.

3. Also the Miwinlocker software may possibly conflict with AVG installation. Could you please uninstall this software temporarily and re-run the AVG installation process.

In case the issue would persist, please provide us with a new msinfo output (make sure to not close the msinfo application before the export is completely generated).

Thank you.