Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » Convert From Free Trial To Free?
September 27, 2010 16:03 Convert From Free Trial To Free? #109867
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
dweeb123

Novice
Earlier this month I downloaded and installed the free version 9 of AVG from CNET. But then I had to uninstall it a week later because of the common problems of the link scanner and online shield thrashing my system. I checked to see if there was a newer build release from 115 that I had and it appeared on the AVG site that there was a 117. So I used that, doing a custom install to avoid the problem components.

All was fine until today when a reminder message popped up, saying I only have 20-something days left on my free trial. I had not realized there was a free trial version in addition to the free version.

So, you can see my question coming. Can I convert from the free trial to the free version by use of a license key or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the other version again?
September 27, 2010 16:37 Re: Convert From Free Trial To Free? #109877
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
BIG AL 43

You could use "Downgrade" option, which should be available after running AVG uninstallation from menu Start or "Add and remove applications" from Control Panel.

Else recommended is full AVG reinstallation as described in this thread.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To articles | FAQ | Knowledge Base