Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » AVG E-mail Protection » Where Do I Get License Number To Activate Free Edition?
September 17, 2010 18:13 Where Do I Get License Number To Activate Free Edition? #108543
andson49

Novice
I downloaded the AVG 9.0 Free Edition, the basic program. I started it up, by start menu->run>browse>Programs>AVG 9.0>setup.
When it came up, I followed the instructions, but suddenly it asked me for a license number, but I was not sent one as I downloaded the setup file.
Where do I get this license number to activate the program.

Previously, I had AVG, but it had a corrupted file, so I deleted it, rebooted the computer, went to AVG, and asked for the free version to install. I saved it, it told me it was a 'binary file', and would not save to desktop; it didn't give me the option either, as many programs to for setup purposes.

Please explain, as simply as possible how to right this problem. I am relatively new to computers and the internet; but I need my computer protected.
andson 49
September 17, 2010 18:45 Re: Where Do I Get License Number To Activate Free Edition? #108547
BIG AL 43

Your thread has been moved to the proper forum area http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=108545.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To articles | FAQ | Knowledge Base