Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » Yellow Triangle Symbol With Exclamation Point?
August 12, 2010 04:00 Yellow Triangle Symbol With Exclamation Point? #103433
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
UplusMEequalsFUN

Novice
Hello all.

Everytime I start up my computer and let the desktop load, my AVG icon at the bottom right tray loads with a yellow triangle symbol with an exclamation point on the icon. Once my desktop loads though, the symbol disappears.

Also my desktop takes a bit longer to load now, about 1 minute longer than normal.

I am using this computer after I freshly reformatted my entire hard drive about 1 month ago. I don't do much on this computer except browse the internet. Not to mention I don't really browse questionable sites. Also the only new things I recently installed on my computer is ZONEALARM FREE FIREWALL and MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE.

I also noticed in my Device Manager that there is a non working Mouse driver called Microsoft PS/2 Mouse. It has an exclamation point on it too, but now it has a red X because I disabled the driver itself since it didn't seem to be working for anything. I have no idea if this was always there or just appeared, I don't even have a new mouse...been using the same mouse as always.

Is there something wrong with my computer, or is this yellow triangle symbol nothing to worry about? Although I would suspect it means something may be wrong.
August 12, 2010 12:27 Re: Yellow Triangle Symbol With Exclamation Point? #103485
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
jirka82

Administrator
Hello UplusMEequalsFUN,

...my AVG icon at the bottom right tray loads with a yellow triangle symbol with an exclamation point on the icon. Once my desktop loads though, the symbol disappears.

The exclamation mark indicates that some AVG components are not running properly. AVG components are being loaded during system start. It may happen, on slower systems, that some components are not yet running and the AVG tray indicator is displayed already. There is no need to be alarmed about this behavior if the AVG is fully functional after a while (full system load).

You may try uninstalling the Malwarebytes software. Installing more resident security application may lead to performance and system stability issues. This could result in slower AVG load you are experiencing. Please check this post for more information.

Thank you.

***************AVG Team