Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » False Positive? - HTML/Framer
Page 7 of 7 ‹‹4567
July 17, 2010 10:27 Re: HTML/Framer #98885
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
cobaltcanarycherry

Novice
I scan hourly, Eastern time. My troubles began with Mozilla Firefox Profile cache files on the 6 PM scan yesterday. My question is what do I sacrifice if I just delete all the files isolated in the virus vault, whether infected or speciously detected? The detection was limited to these sort of files only, no other Mozilla files or applications appear to be affected, and I have run Malwarebytes and Spybot, which are not detecting any problem.
July 17, 2010 11:10 Re: HTML/Framer #98889
BIG AL 43

cobaltcanarycherry wrote
I scan hourly, Eastern time

Are you actually using the AVG Free Edition or the AVG Pro (paid for) version?.... If it's the latter....

The forum is actually only for the AVG Free Edition... the help is only from other AVG Free users (and when available AVG employees). Any questions concerning the Pro either Trial or Paid for version should be directed at AVG's Tech or Sales support, who have enough tools to help you with this situation, on the main website http://www.avg.com/ww-en/support-existing or http://www.avg.com/ww-en/support-sales.

Standard info. for the items in the Virus Vault... leave them there for a little while to ensure that your system is working ok... then you can empty the vault at that time. If something is going wrong... then that info. may be helpful in finding a resolution such as possibly replacing a file that may have gotten infected etc.. It won't matter if you just leave the files in the vault, just don't leave them there long so you can reclaim the space they currently take up. As to how long... will depend on how much you use the computer.. if its often... usually a week will be more than long enough.

'Empty' is for all the files in the vault. 'Delete' allows you highlight & select individual files in the vault.... Either way they are gone completely!....

Also have a look @ Knowledge Base #2432 http://free.avg.com/ww-en/kb.num-2432#kb_2432.

If that doesn't help & you are actually using AVG Free....

Please provide us more information about your system so that we may have it to base our suggestions on, see What information should I include?.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
September 17, 2011 01:23 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #173197
suigetsu

Novice
dusano123 wrote
catchnhou wrote
"threat" detected AFTER updating

Hello catchnhou,

Can you please confirm that your AVG version is 271.1.1/3007 and provide us with screenshot of mentioned detection?
Also, on which site(s) does the detection occurs?

Thank you

Dear dusano123,

I also have the same problem with the false positive but it activates even without me opening any web browser. The anti virus has already been updated. Please see attached screenshot for your reference
screen shot.JPG
September 17, 2011 07:47 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #173216
fahadhasin96

Hacker
Please read and follow all the instructions found here : How To Handle Suspicious False Positive Detection?

Best Regards,
Fahad Hasin,Hacker,AVG Forums
AVG Forums' member since - 22 May, 2011

How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 17, 2011 12:59 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #173245
BIG AL 43

@ suigetsu

Have you actually tested the files at Jotti Virusscan or alternatively at VirusTotal to check for detection ratio between several AntiVirus vendors?.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
Page 7 of 7 ‹‹4567