Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 9.0 Free Edition » False Positive? - HTML/Framer
July 15, 2010 03:11 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98181
brewejen

Novice
Same issues..

I got online tonight and loaded up my yahoo account and facebook using IE. AVG pops up with a threat. I started searching with yahoo and other search engines and if I open a new tab or a new window it pops up again. I've ran my scans and nothing. It's very annoying to say the least, but the bigger issue is, are we all still safe or is there a virus on IE, Firefox, and all the other programs of this nature?
July 15, 2010 03:13 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98187
lakeside010

Novice
Same Issue..

I am getting the HTML /Framer threat warning everytime I open a new web page - including the AVG site! It just started happening about midday today. Its a real pain in the ... and I had the whole family doing scans. This definitely sounds like an AVG issue! If its not fixed soon, I'll have to disable the software. angry

Lakeside010
July 15, 2010 03:23 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98201
Midori Magira

Novice
Same here!..

I'm getting the same HTML/Framer thing. It's scary :/, I never go to bad websites. How in the world can google and Yahoo be infected with the same thing?
July 15, 2010 03:25 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98203
patnrol

Novice
Same problem..

Hoping this is not something serious. Popped up using IE8 and just trying to check my yahoo mail. It doesn't happen when I use Chrome.
July 15, 2010 03:27 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98205
w5rdw

Novice
Also here.....

Just go it today after AVG ran a new scan. Both computers have it when I access Fox News website.
July 15, 2010 03:29 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98207
biged010041

Novice
AVG Problem..

I just started receiving this error about two hours ago. I ran a virus scan and it identified four temporary internet files ending with combo[number]. I removed all my temporary internet files, but I still get the message when I try to open a news article from Yahoo. I can't find anything about it in the virus database, so I'm inclined to believe that it is an AVG issue.
July 15, 2010 03:33 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98209
brewejen

Novice
HTML/Framer..

Okay, I've done some digging and I noticed the file location of infected file is always in Program Files (x86)/blah/blah/blah. Being new to Windows 7, I decided to poke around a bit and seen a good old plain program files folder, opened up IE from that folder and NO POP UPS! I don't know what the real difference is between the two. I also noticed that the root of the evil is consistantly in jscript files. I've had several jscript errors the since last night. I'm not sure if it's all coincedence or what, maybe someone with more knowledge can run with this....
July 15, 2010 03:45 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98213
Dawn Gwinn

Novice
Same issue..

I have my home page on my IE set to "blank" so even if I don't open a web page, I am getting this html/framer multiple threat detection. Half the times when I am trying to delete it, it says the object isn't accessable. I ran a virus scan and nothing came up, I deleted all my temp files since it is residing in the temp files and it still comes up... this just started about 2 hours ago and it doesn't stop.. its coming up even when i don't have IE open.

Any help on this would be great since its not listed in the virus files.
July 15, 2010 03:47 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98215
abeaumont

Novice
Grrr..

Yes that helps alot!

That would lead me to believe the problem is actually with the exe file of the browser installation.
I wonder if copying and pasting a iexplore.exe from an uninfected pc would fix this.
Or, for firefox or chrome, an uninstallation/reinstallation.
I'm currently running a windows repair on our infected pc.
We can't even open our browsers!

Cher
July 15, 2010 04:37 Re: False Positive? - HTML/Framer #98233
abeaumont

Novice
AVG Toolbar..

Following on from my previous post.
I opened internet explorer by going to start -> run
then typing iexplore -extoff
this will open internet explorer without the addons.
The bar up the top of the page will ask you if you want to configure addons.
Click this and then in the list of addons DISABLE AVG TOOLBAR.

Open internet explorer.
Worked for me smile
will now work on a solution for firefox wink