Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » Free Ride Games
October 18, 2010 20:17 Free Ride Games #116345
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
musotuner

Novice
My wife enjoys playing Free Ride Games. (I can't stand it myself - I don't like the way it takes over the computer with all the adverts, etc.!). However, since downloading this latest version of AVG she is unable to play any of the games, and I cannot see how to change the settings in order to make AVG allow her to do so. I downloaded and saved in a file, one of the games, but even after putting the file name in the exceptions part of AVG, it still refused to run.

I would appreciate your help in overcoming this obstacle and bringing peace and serenity once again to my household!
October 19, 2010 18:02 Re: Free Ride Games #116947
dusano123

Hello,

Is AVG detecting these games? Is there any warning window displayed when you attempt to run the game?

If you disable AVG temporarily, is it possible to play the games?

Thanks
October 19, 2010 20:50 Re: Free Ride Games #117077
musotuner

Novice
Many thanks for your reply. I have tried with the resident shield inactive, but it doesn't appear to make any difference. When we try to run or install games from the web site, after selecting 'RUN' from the warning box that appears, to check it is something you have initiated, nothing happens. On the games that my wife has installed on her laptop, when we double-click on them to run them, we simply get the message "Error in skin initial checks. Please close player from the bottom icon," whatever that means!

Sorry for my ignorance in computing. I'm sure there's something simple I could do to rectify the situation. Unfortunately I do not know what it is. However, the problem only happened after we had installed the AVG upgrade to the latest version, so I assume it has made some change that is now causing the problem.

Thanks for your help.
April 5, 2012 03:56 Re: Free Ride Games #196801
AvidReader123

Novice
Me Too..

I have also been expiriencing these same problems. I've followed all of the instructions and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I even temporarily disabled AVG and the problems remain. It may have nothing to do with AVG but, I noticed right after I installed it. Please help!!!!
April 5, 2012 11:18 Re: Free Ride Games #196822
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with screenshots of error messages and Msinfo output.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 10, 2012 00:54 Re: Free Ride Games #201397
Rusikhan

Novice
ME TOOO!!!..

I also have the same problem. Here is a screen shot please help!! disappointed
Capture.PNG
May 14, 2012 10:42 Re: Free Ride Games #202111
_malchys_

Administrator
Hello Rusikhan,

We have tested the Free Ride Games Player with the latest version of AVG 2012 and not found any issues. Please upgrade your AVG in order to resolve this issue.

Note: We also recommend updating the Adobe Flash Player since this issue might not be connected with AVG.

Thank you.

AVG Team

May 26, 2012 03:29 Re: Free Ride Games #204473
Rusikhan

Novice
Thanks but...

Thank you very much for responding and for your suggestions but unfortunately I have tried both of your tips but the error is still showing up and I am still not able to play my games! Please help me with this problem! crying
disappointed frowning
May 28, 2012 13:35 Re: Free Ride Games #204773
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Rusikhan,

Please update your Free Ride Games player and re-install AVG to a newest version using right version of remover (32/64 bit).

Thank you.

AVG Team