Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed
Page 2 of 3 ‹‹123››
January 30, 2012 10:20 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #189151
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
marks76

Novice
My experience...

Hi,

Just wanted to post this as it would have helped me if present on this page. Had same problems with avgidseh.sys failing on Windows 7. Booted in using an ubuntu usb and renamed all the windows/system32/drivers/avg*.sys files. This didnt fix the problem, although the failure also moved onto classpnp.sys as per above. Tried various other routed (eg mode to IDE etc) as AVG says it cant be their problem but to no avail. I then looked again and saw the problem had moved back to avgidseh.sys. This time I booted in and deleted the avg*.sys drivers, removed an AVG dir under drivers too and also renamed the avg folder under Program Files then restarted. This appears to have solved the problem for me - AVG is it really not you? Anyway hope that helps someone...

February 1, 2012 12:26 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #189355
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello marks76,

For further analysis please provide us with complete Windows crash dump file:

1) Follow this Microsoft article and setup system to create dump after pressing CTRL+SCROLL LOCK+SCROLL LOCK

2) Install AVG when situation occur again press CTRL+SCROLL LOCK+SCROLL LOCK

3) Uninstall AVG to boot properly and provide us with dump file from C:\Windows\memory.dmp
(follow: How To Provide Forum Moderators With Files & use a public online storage service.)

Please accept our apologies for these inconveniences

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 8, 2012 14:48 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #190159
yaro137

Novice
Same problem with avgidseh.sys in safe mode. Thing is it was a Server 2008 standard. Connecting the disk to another PC I managed to get rid of all the files mentioned using Linux LiveCD. Still it wouldn't go into safe mode this time stopping on loading avgrkx64.sys even though it was physically deleted. However, it started in normal mode with lots of pain. Used AVG removal tool and then it came back to live.
February 8, 2012 15:46 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #190169
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello yaro137,

Should you decide to reinstall AVG and if the issue occurs again, we would like to ask you to provide us with dump file as described in post 189355 by Pokornyz.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
April 2, 2012 01:20 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #196546
syvosyvo

Novice
Hi,

I installed AVG for the first time on my laptop today in order to run a scan. The scan found five threats and asked to reboot and I've been stuck in reboot loop eversince. I have tried to rename avg's sys files to no avail. (the only change being that I get a bsod/reboot when windows safe mode boot gets to CLASSPNP.SYS instead of the previous avg*.sys). I have now tried to follow the steps described above (changing the hard drive settings in BIOS ) nd have also attempted to remove the avg folders and sys files altogether. Still stuck at CLASSPNP.sys I will probably have to do a clean install in the morning. I would be surprised if the issue were not related to AVG as this great amount of trouble seems to have been triggered by a simple first scan under a fresh install of AVG. I am running on windows 7 64bits
April 2, 2012 17:03 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #196613
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello syvosyvo,

If you did not perform clean installation yet, please try to provide us with dump file as described in post 189355.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 12, 2012 08:39 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #197417
yaro137

Novice
more cases..

3 more occurrences of the same problem. One ended up with re-installation as I couldn't even get to Safe Mode and removing all the avg.... files from Drivers folder didn't work very well as it was then hanging on avgrkx64.sys. In normal mode ( Windows 7 ) the system was hanging on Welcome screen. Other 2 after running AVG removal tool in Safe Mode all went to normal. Sorry but I just have no time playing with memory dumps.

Would it be possible for AVG to to get your removal tool do it's job on external drives in case you can't get into safe mode?
April 12, 2012 13:54 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #197471
nemethste

Administrator
Hello yaro137,

AVG Remover Tool will remove AVG only from running system so if you connect a drive where is installed AVG, it will have no effect.

Please note that without dumps we are not able to exactly analyse the issue.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 12, 2012 14:36 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #197477
yaro137

Novice
Cannot it be made to do it on an external drive. Surely you can delete files and edit the registry on an external drive although the registry bit is a bit fiddly as you need to do it from the same OS that's installed on the external drive. Anyway it would be a very effective lifesaver when you can't get into the system. I'll try getting the dumps next time I get into this sort of issue as we have many clients running AVG in different environments and by the look of it it's just a matter of time we get another one to fix. Just hope it won't be a server again.
April 12, 2012 16:09 Re: avgidseh.sys Error.. Midnight Commander Fix Failed #197495
BIG AL 43

yaro137 wrote
I'll try getting the dumps next time I get into this sort of issue as we have many clients running AVG in different environments and by the look of it it's just a matter of time we get another one to fix. Just hope it won't be a server again

This is the 'AVG 2011 Free Edition' forum area. Are you sure that you've actually posted in the correct forum area.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
Page 2 of 3 ‹‹123››