Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » AVG RescueCD » Password ARL Login
September 28, 2011 06:53 Password ARL Login #174560
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
hgbbb

Novice
not an expert on linux, so probably a trivial question: attempted to use AVG rescue disc on a Windows XP system, everything ran fine till right after what was apparently the up-date of file definition via internet, system hung itself up after hitting continue

some feeble attempts to get it to move on got me to command UI (not familiar with linux), anyway now I am at a prompt "Welcome to AVG Rescue Disk GMU/Linux, arl login:"

exit or shutdown are accepted but the system is asking for a password, hitting enter or other first ideas of password do not get me anywhere, it says login incorrect and goes back to arl login

any ideas how to shut it down and try again, what happens if I simply reboot the system, will I damage my XP files
September 28, 2011 12:13 Re: Password ARL Login #174597
BIG AL 43

@ hgbbb

The AVG Team are now monitoring this new AVG Forums so someone should spot your posting! They may enter the forum @ anytime.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 3, 2011 07:32 Re: Password ARL Login #175181
JArda2

hgbbb wrote
not an expert on linux, so probably a trivial question: attempted to use AVG rescue disc on a Windows XP system, everything ran fine till right after what was apparently the up-date of file definition via internet, system hung itself up after hitting continue

some feeble attempts to get it to move on got me to command UI (not familiar with linux), anyway now I am at a prompt "Welcome to AVG Rescue Disk GMU/Linux, arl login:"

exit or shutdown are accepted but the system is asking for a password, hitting enter or other first ideas of password do not get me anywhere, it says login incorrect and goes back to arl login

Try root as login, it has empty password, so just hit enter when password prompt appeared. Then type arl and hit enter again, it should launch the arl main menu. Weird is that you ended up in a login session...

any ideas how to shut it down and try again, what happens if I simply reboot the system, will I damage my XP files

You can reboot it any time, even if the XP partion is not clearly unmounted.

JArda
October 3, 2011 08:28 Re: Password ARL Login #175189
LinuxAdminDEV

reboot..

CTRL+ALT+DELETE