Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » Phone Locator (AVG Mobilation)
May 23, 2012 11:59 Phone Locator (AVG Mobilation) #203925
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Godfather4

Novice
I had the Samsung Galaxy Gio until yesterday when it was stolen!!!! My IMEI no is *357332/04/292154/0*. I understand that I can remotely switch on my GPS and locate my phone via Google Maps. My cellphone no is 0765286219 (Vodacom), but the culprit who stole my phone placed another sim card into my phone (MTN). This I know from logging onto the the Google Play (Android Market) with my Gmail account-it told me that I have an MTN Samsung GT-S5660 instead of the usual Vodacom... Please help me cause when I log onto the Remote Management Site of AVG, it tells me I didnt register any devices with my email account (---- email address removed to protect you from spammers ----). However, the last time I checked AVG Mobilation was running fine on my smartphone. I need to locate my phone pleaaaaaz.
May 23, 2012 12:04 Re: Phone Locator (AVG Mobilation) #203929
Godfather4

Novice
phone number????..

I had the Samsung Galaxy Gio until yesterday when it was stolen!!!! My IMEI no is *357332/04/292154/0*. I understand that I can remotely switch on my GPS and locate my phone via Google Maps. My cellphone no is 0765286219 (Vodacom), but the culprit who stole my phone placed another sim card into my phone (MTN). This I know from logging onto the the Google Play (Android Market) with my Gmail account-it told me that I have an MTN Samsung GT-S5660 instead of the usual Vodacom... Please help me cause when I log onto the Remote Management Site of AVG, it tells me I didnt register any devices with my email account (---- email address removed to protect you from spammers ----). However, the last time I checked AVG Mobilation was running fine on my smartphone. I need to locate my phone pleaaaaaz.

CAN AVG SUPPLY ME WITH THE PHONENUMBER OF THE SIMCARD CURRENTLY IN MY SMARTPHONE-WITH THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND MY PHONE!!!!!!!!
May 23, 2012 12:21 Re: Phone Locator (AVG Mobilation) #203941
BIG AL 43

@ Godfather4

For your info..

Your posting will no doubt be monitored by the relevant AVG Team. This Announcement post AVG's Community Team Availability is situated in the 'Information' forum area.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 23, 2012 14:51 Re: Phone Locator (AVG Mobilation) #203995
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Godfather4,

Unfortunately we are not able to access your account.

There is no possibility to find out which phone number he has, other than that you will receive E-mail with new number if he logs in into your Gmail account.

We are aware of this deficiency and our developers are working on improvement.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 24, 2012 18:36 Re: Phone Locator (AVG Mobilation) #204257
Godfather4

Novice
Lost Phone..

Hi Techbuddy Embassador

I suspect that Plan B doesnt work if the crook who stole my phone placed another simcard in it. That is assuming you sms the word 'locate' to your own number. I did it and it didnt work. In any case Ive made peace with the situation now and blacklisted my phone today. Can your phone still be tracked if its blacklisted?

Thanks for the effort.
May 25, 2012 08:18 Re: Phone Locator (AVG Mobilation) #204339
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Godfather4,

Unfortunately if your phone is blacklisted, you will not be able to track it.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support