Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG trusted Apps & Services » AVG TechBuddy » Firewall Blocking Guildwars 2 Client
April 26, 2012 20:54 Firewall Blocking Guildwars 2 Client #199245
hoskione

Novice
Hey Avg .. Do u know why , Avg firewall is blocking GW2 ( GuildWars 2 Client ) from connecting to there server's , once I disable it Avg firewall , GW2.EXE App Runs ...

angry disappointed Is there any way I can have my avg firewall on , at the same time . I already check the setting an allow for all angry GW2 .. but its fails the only way for it to work is too disable the fire wall ...

I know is usually attributed to your firewall, which may be blocking the ability to connect to the ArenaNet servers. When I disabling my firewall it fixes the issue. But I would prefer have my firewall on .. while playing the game .. please help Avg your the best ...

P.S Please help Tomorrow's The beta

disappointed I have also did this but no luck ...
disappointed I have try This Already :

To allow the blocked communication, please proceed as follows:
1. Open the AVG Program.
2. On the Tools menu, click "Firewall settings."
3. Locate the profile you use in the left navigation tree, and then click "Applications."
4. Find the mentioned application and click on it.
5. Right at the "Application action" select "Allow for all"
April 26, 2012 21:20 Re: Firewall Blocking Guildwars 2 Client #199247
hoskione

Novice
it seems this the problem :angry: :disappointed: the logs look like this :

The Application log action PID direction protocol remote port local port
FitlerDevice block 0 out tcp 80 57801

remote Ip
April 27, 2012 00:01 Re: Firewall Blocking Guildwars 2 Client #199265
BIG AL 43

@ hoskione

Please refrain from carrying out multiple postings on the same subject!! You won't obtain an answer to your query any faster.....

Have a look @ this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=199241.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support