Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing
Page 2 of 4 ‹‹1234››
March 9, 2012 09:21 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194994
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Gresty2k10,

In order to analyze your issue we need more information.

Are you able to boot your computer at least to normal mode?
If not I recommend you scan your computer using updated AVG Rescue CD.

Not an expert with computers tho so please give me fairly easy instructions please

If some thing is not clear enough please do not afraid to ask more times.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 17, 2012 14:00 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #195601
Bleu1

Novice
Right, so I had the exact same situation on my hands as the original poster and as a last resort I used the AVG Rescue CD, it detected 3 trojans and a virus which I deleted. However now, when I try to boot my laptop it turns up with a black screen with Safe Mode in each corner and not the desktop.

Any help is appreciated!
March 18, 2012 16:46 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #195635
44pet

Novice
Same problem white screen..

I have the same problem
I am running windows XP home edition
I can press F8 and get up the safe mode options
But which ever one I select it takes me through to the login page and then the white screen.
I cannot get to a search screen to search for the .exe file with numbers in
I have also tried the "last known good configuration" tab but this only brings up the white screen also.
I was running the Avast free anti virus software which clearly did not work.
Any help would be appreciated
March 18, 2012 19:52 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #195641
BIG AL 43

44pet wrote
I was running the Avast free anti virus software which clearly did not work

Did you download & run the Avast total removal tool?.... Have a look @ this link Before Installing AVG.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 19, 2012 15:43 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #195683
44pet

Novice
unable to get past safe mode..

I have not done anything since I have got the virus as I cannot get into the computer to do anything.

I can press F8 on start up and get up the safe mode options
But which ever one I select it takes me through to the login page and then the white screen.
So I can get as far as the safe mode options but no further just the white screen.

I was running the Avast free anti virus software before it caught this virus.

If there is a way of uninstalling Avast and loading something else to get rid of the virus thats great but I do not know how to do it as I cannot get past the safe mode start up options all I get is the white screen after choosing an option.
March 20, 2012 12:37 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #195758
nemethste

Administrator
Hello all,

@Bleu1

Do we understand it right that you are not able to start Windows normally on your PC but only safe mode?

@44pet

Have you tried to scan your computer with updated AVG Rescue CD ?

If you don't have AVG Rescue CD already, you will have to create it on some clean PC.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 20, 2012 14:46 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #195771
44pet

Novice
cannot start windows even in safe mode..

Hi
No I cannot start windows at all.
I press F8 which brings up all the start up options.
Which ever option I chose it takes me to the log in screen and then the white screen.
so it is not possible to do anything at all. once F8 is pressed which ever safe mode I choose takes me to the white screen.
I have Avast free antivirus loaded but it never stopped this virus.
March 21, 2012 08:32 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #195816
nemethste

Administrator
Hello 44pet,

If your computer can not be booted to Windows, or you can't even try to scan it with AVG Rescue CD (you may do it even when you have AVAST installed), or it is no help, you will need to backup your data using some Linux live CD like Ubuntu, format your hard drive and re-install windows.

Thank you.

AVG Team
March 27, 2012 08:10 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #196181
MordarkThanator

Novice
Desktop unlocked but still have virus?..

I appear to have picked up this virus though my desktop was locked and i got the banner with the met police heading the message about payment was blocked. When I manually powered off the pc I briefly saw a message saying 'threat blocked'. However when I rebooted the pc the met police thing came up again blocking my desktop.

I restarted the computer in safe mode with networking and didnt have a problem. In safe mode I ran avg and when I came back to it the scan was finished and there was no mention of finding any viruses. As I had heard that the virus effects the registry I did a system restore. Im not very computer savey so I dont know if this was the right thing to do however after doing the system restore I found I could get into my computer without any problems and have not seen any problems since though i noted that my clock was an hour out.

Ive run AVG again and it still says it cant find anything and there is nothing in the logs about a virus being found or any threats being detected. Is it possible the virus is still on my computer but in a dormant state and im at risk or am I likely ok now?
March 27, 2012 13:02 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #196203
nemethste

Administrator
Hello MordarkThanator,

MordarkThanator wrote
I noted that my clock was an hour out.

There was transition to daylight saving time last Sunday so this is probably the cause.

MordarkThanator wrote
Ive run AVG again and it still says it cant find anything and there is nothing in the logs about a virus being found or any threats being detected. Is it possible the virus is still on my computer but in a dormant state and im at risk or am I likely ok now?

It is possible that virus is gone, but to be 100%sure, please provide us with both Gmer scan results, Msinfo output and AVG Anti-Virus scan results for further analysis.

Thank you

EDIT BIG AL 43.. 'provide us' link amended.

AVG Team
Page 2 of 4 ‹‹1234››