Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2011 » "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair"
February 21, 2012 20:21 "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #191286
The Character

Novice
I've been through this hassle as well, and I've got a lot better things to do than to keep reinstalling this software. My suggestion: go to a different provider.
February 21, 2012 21:11 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #191292
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello The Character,

Should you decide to give AVG another try and if you encounter any issues again, please provide us with more detailed description so we can try to help.

AVG should work correctly without reinstallations if there are no hardware issues and no conflicting software installed.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 22, 2012 00:49 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #191302
The Character

Novice
Hello Manager:

For at least a year I've put up with your software displaying that exclamation point in a yellow triangle (in the system tray), experiencing the same problem described by mariaet2 http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=119673. Restarting the computer seems to fix this problem, but I've grown quite weary of this routine. I chatted with one of your reps, who informed me that they could help me with my problem for a nominal service charge. I'm not going to print what my initial response was.

Re-activating my license is another matter. I put my serial number in and submit the request, and then...........................nothing. No message telling if I'm activated or not.

With my license up for renewal, my decision becomes easier to make each day I see that damned exclamation point.

Oh, nice - the exclamation point is gone, but my software still says I'm not protected.

February 22, 2012 15:36 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #191334
nemethste

Administrator
Hello The Character,

Please accept our apology for bad experience with our technical support.

This bug may sometimes occur, when you are upgrading AVG to a newer version.

Have you tried to AVG 2012 (incl. Previous Versions) Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions in order to fix this issue?

Do not forget to follow After restart section and make sure that you are using right version of remover (32/64 bit).

If it doesn't help on your situation please provide us with Msinfo output and all AVG logs for further analysis of this issue.

Thank you.
February 23, 2012 13:46 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #191417
The Character

Novice
1. Uninstalled using avg_remover_stf_x86_2012_1796.
2. Removed all related folders.
3. Reinstalled using avg_ipw_x86_all_2012_1913a4770.
4. Exclamation point still shows.
February 23, 2012 13:52 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #191418
The Character

Novice
Uploaded diagnostics via FTP.
February 24, 2012 09:36 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #191495
nemethste

Administrator
Hello The Character,

Thank you for all the logs you have sent to us.

Also please provide us with screenshot of the Overview tab in AVG User Interface.

You are all welcome to join our beta program. AVG 2012 SP1 will be released soon so public beta is stable and many bugs were fixed and many things significantly improved.

Thank you.
August 23, 2012 12:17 Re: "Could Not Finish Automatic State Repair" #215019
jirka82

Administrator
This thread will be closed as there's no response for a long time. Also, the topic covers many different issues so it could eventually be filled with different procedures which are not helpful for visitors.

@The Character
If you need to continue in this topic, please create a new thread and mention there a link to this one.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support