Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » Why Is There A Warning Sign?
January 31, 2012 10:52 Why Is There A Warning Sign? #189259
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
bxcfilm

Novice
I have AVG Version 2012.0.1901, fully updated.
I use Win XP SP3 fully updated.

My problem is that, every so often, an exclamation mark appears on top of the System Tray icon for AVG, and I don't know why it's there. I know that the exclamation mark means there is a problem, but when I open the Control Panel, there is no problem indicated.

This happened once before, and I was able to get rid of it by selecting "Ignore the state of this component" for PC Analyser (which I don't want). But there doesn't seem to be an option to do the same with the other components which I don't want.

Either there is a problem, and AVG is not telling me about it, OR:

AVG is giving me a false notification.

Either way, it's not good.

What can be done about this?

January 31, 2012 17:49 Re: Why Is There A Warning Sign? #189292
bxcfilm

Novice
FAQ 4496..

I have read FAQ 4496, and it is incomplete. It says:

"If the AVG icon in system tray shows error state (AVG icon with yellow exclamation mark), it means that one or more AVG components are not fully functional. Please launch AVG (double-click on the icon). Deactivated component will be marked with a red icon and description of their error state."

As you can see from the attached screenshot, this is not necessarily true. The exclamation mark is there, but there are no error states shown for the various components.
ScreenShot.jpg
February 2, 2012 12:24 Re: Why Is There A Warning Sign? #189478
nemethste

Administrator
Hello bxcfilm,

This issue with improper icons, may sometimes occur when you are upgrading to 2012 from older versions.

Please re-intall AVG as described in AVG 2012 (incl. Previous Versions) Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions sticky post.

Do not forget to follow After restart section and make sure that you are using right version of remover (32/64 bit).

Should the issue persist, please let us know.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us