Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » Vprotect Error @ Windows Start
January 27, 2012 17:27 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #188975
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Lil-Mary

Novice
As requested:
January 30, 2012 13:27 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189179
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Lil-Mary,

For help on your situation please try use AVG remover (32/64).

If it doesn't help please delete folder "c:\program files\avg secure search\" and disable startup of vProt and ROC_roc_dec12 using ccleaner.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
January 30, 2012 18:00 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189213
Lil-Mary

Novice
Hi,
thanks for that, ran the AVG remover & seems to have sorted the vptotect error as it's not showing now on start up. Many thanks
February 1, 2012 03:27 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189330
cdrom1

Novice
Windows 7 Home Edition
AVG version Free Edition 2012 2021.0.1913
db version 2109/4778
no other anti virus software installed

I am also having this problem at start up. I ran the repair option on the installer, and it removed the error.
Now, after a couple of weeks, the error has returned.

I'll try another repair, and then a completely clean install. I will report back here if the problem persists.

Thank you.

February 1, 2012 14:45 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189365
sunshine34461

Novice
eagle_earlene wrote
VProtect working again apparently..

I downloaded the latest version of the free AVG 2012 and ran it in 'repair' mode. (There are 3 options: install, repair, remove.) After my computer restarted, I opened up my browser and now do not have the VProtect stopped working error message anymore.

It was easy.

Worked for a few days and back to same problem !!!

I reinstalled free AVG 2012 and ran it in the repair mode also. I was a happy camper.....but after a few days....the same Vprotect error started appearing again. Now What ??
February 1, 2012 18:49 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189390
BIG AL 43

sunshine34461 wrote
I reinstalled free AVG 2012

As per AVG Team Manager Pokornyz's post #189179 did you use the AVG Remover?. If you're not sure about 32 or 64 bit on your system have a look @ this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=140471#post_140471.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 2, 2012 09:38 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189456
ansnuf

Novice
Vprotect application not working anymore..

I think I have the same kind of problem. At Winsows startup I get the message "VProtect Application is not working anymore". I tried the repair installation (AVG 2012) and when that did not help I removed AVG 2012 with the avg remove program and when the problem persisted after reinstalling, I also removed AVG with Revo uninstaller, but that also did not help. When uninstalling AVG 2012, I get the message that the toolbaruninstaller is not working. I will upload my logfile here. I hope you'can help me solving this problem. Is avg not protecting my computer while having this problem?
Thank you, Angela
February 2, 2012 18:22 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189536
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello ansnuf and sunshine34461,

Please follow all steps described in full reinstallation instructions.

When looking for and deleting listed folders, also remove this folder:
C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search or C:\Program files(x86)\AVG Secure Search (for 64bit OS)

Then proceed with reinstallation using latest installation package - build 1913.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 3, 2012 05:22 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189606
ansnuf

Novice
Changing ownership solved the problem???..

Deleting and reinstalling did not solve the problem, but after changing ownership of the maps, the problem seems to be solved. I am not sure if changing the ownership solved the problem, because I have tried that before without succes, but I thought I should report this here. Hopefully the problem will not occur again.
Thank you for your help, Angela
February 3, 2012 15:53 Re: Vprotect Error @ Windows Start #189671
Troubleatmill

Novice
I have experienced similar problems with AVG 2012 free edition.

Mid Jan onwards todate - receiving the following message on start up - VProtect Application has stopped working.
I did not do anything about it for a couple of weeks - hoped AVG would automatically sort out the problem with its automatic updates, but the problem has persisted.

I followed instructions found on this forum:

Went into Install/uninstall and clicked on AVG - clicked on repair - did not make any difference
I then uninstalled AVG using the standard uninstall program and reinstalled - did not make any difference
When I reinstalled I got a toolbarinstaller error message as well as Vprotect error message!
I uninstalled AVG again using AVG remover - did not make any difference.
When I reinstalled this time I opted not to have AVG as the main/default search engine - this seems to have resolved the error message re the toolbar installer but did not resolve the error message re Vprotect.
I am hoping AVG will resolve this matter via automatic updates.
I would like to be assured by AVG that there software is protecting my pc despite these problems.
I am scanning my computer everyday as a precaution