Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » AVG RescueCD » STOP: C0000135 The Program Can't Start Because %HS Is Missing. Try Reinstalling The Program
December 25, 2011 16:57 STOP: C0000135 The Program Can't Start Because %HS Is Missing. Try Reinstalling The Program #185639
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Skullz95

Novice
Hey guys, last night i did a windows 7 update and when i went to turn it back on it wouldnt turn on and gave me this message. STOP: C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing. Try resintalling the program . I actually downloaded the AVG Rescue CD and tried to follow these steps. http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=132999
But when i went to program files there were no files named anything with AVG. Not sure where they could be. Im pretty sure i dont have AVG, which would state why the files are missing. I use Mcafee. Not sure if that will help anyone trying to help me. But any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
December 27, 2011 20:41 Re: STOP: C0000135 The Program Can't Start Because %HS Is Missing. Try Reinstalling The Program #185784
rherman42

Novice
Same exact issue - PLEASE FIND FIX ASAP..

I have exactly the same issue..booted from USB stick, ran AVG AV, rebooted and now my WIn7 x64 machine is crippled. I have an open paid case with AVG Case # 114446. I spent 3 hours on the phone without success to repair my machine.

Like everybody else, there are no AVG files on my system but something is rendereing the boot process corrupt and your current workarounds for this issue are not applicable.

I have been told by support that they do not have a resolution as of 12/27/2011 at 12:30pm PST. It has been escalated to the engineering team and told it may take through the week to get a resolution.

AVG, this is a critical issue and you can see in this forum, others are affected by this bug in your code. Please respond to this ASAP and consider this bug a critsit.

December 28, 2011 13:18 Re: STOP: C0000135 The Program Can't Start Because %HS Is Missing. Try Reinstalling The Program #185852
nemethste

Administrator
Hello rherman42 and Skullz95,

The issue you are reporting, is not most likely caused by AVG. Issue mentioned in this sticky post is one year old, related to AVG Anti-Virus and AVG Internet Security program update and resolved long time ago. Each release of new AVG product versions is tested on old issues automatically.

@ Rherman42
I would like to ask you, if you have installed AVG on your computer before using AVG RescueCD?

Or which protection have you installed on your computer? Did you remember any infection detection by AVG RescueCD?

HINTS:
- change compatibility mode of SATA hard-drive connection in BIOS to IDE (from AHCI)
- wait at least half hour, when booting Windows Safe Mode (stuck at classpnp.sys)

Please check whether there are some files in C:\Windows\Minidump\ folder and if they are present provide us with them for further analysis of the bootup issue.

To navigate to minidump folder using AVG Rescue CD, please follow these steps:

1. Connect external storage device to the computer.
2. Boot computer form AVG Rescue CD.
3. Go to Utilities
4. Select File Manager
5. Navigate to location where you external storage device is mounted (for example /mnt/sr0)
6. Press TAB to navigate to right side of the Midnight commander.
7. The file system will be mounted under /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.
8. Navigate to /mnt/sda1(or other location if it is the case)/Windows/Minidump.
9. Press F5 to copy files.

You may also try to follow steps mentioned on microsoft website, or you may also try to contact Microsoft technical support, maybe they will be able to assist.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
January 7, 2012 12:58 Re: STOP: C0000135 The Program Can't Start Because %HS Is Missing. Try Reinstalling The Program #186893
donodono

Novice
nemethste wrote
Hello rherman42 and Skullz95,

The issue you are reporting, is not most likely caused by AVG. Issue mentioned in this sticky post is one year old, related to AVG Anti-Virus and AVG Internet Security program update and resolved long time ago. Each release of new AVG product versions is tested on old issues automatically.

@ Rherman42
I would like to ask you, if you have installed AVG on your computer before using AVG RescueCD?

Or which protection have you installed on your computer? Did you remember any infection detection by AVG RescueCD?

HINTS:
- change compatibility mode of SATA hard-drive connection in BIOS to IDE (from AHCI)
- wait at least half hour, when booting Windows Safe Mode (stuck at classpnp.sys)

Please check whether there are some files in C:\Windows\Minidump\ folder and if they are present provide us with them for further analysis of the bootup issue.

To navigate to minidump folder using AVG Rescue CD, please follow these steps:

1. Connect external storage device to the computer.
2. Boot computer form AVG Rescue CD.
3. Go to Utilities
4. Select File Manager
5. Navigate to location where you external storage device is mounted (for example /mnt/sr0)
6. Press TAB to navigate to right side of the Midnight commander.
7. The file system will be mounted under /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.
8. Navigate to /mnt/sda1(or other location if it is the case)/Windows/Minidump.
9. Press F5 to copy files.

You may also try to follow steps mentioned on microsoft website, or you may also try to contact Microsoft technical support, maybe they will be able to assist.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us

thanks it solved, as i have this problem over a month now crying