Folder AVG Forums » AVG SMB » AVG Admin » Solution For Notification Email Setting In Admin Console
December 14, 2011 20:49 Solution For Notification Email Setting In Admin Console #184587
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Jensen G

Novice
I was having quite the time successfully configuring the AVG admin console to send email notifications because it does not support email addresses that require SSL, and my company only has SSL-based email addresses. AVG support could not help me, but, I found a solution!

Use JangoSMTP, which has a free version that allows up to 200 outgoing emails per month (more than enough for this purpose). After creating the account, I used the default settings, which are:

SMTP server: relay.jangosmtp.net
port: 25
username: (your Jango username by itself, not an email address).

That did it for me! I just thought I'd post this solution here so others don't have to go through the pain I went through on this.
January 18, 2012 17:55 Re: Solution For Notification Email Setting In Admin Console #187991
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Tulvinous

Novice
Good to know, thank you. Just tried setting up the notification alerts and kept getting the STARTTLS error. Seeing as how Gmail uses 587 it was never going to work.