Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » [SOLVED] AVG Finding Win32/Zperm
November 22, 2010 10:21 [SOLVED] AVG Finding Win32/Zperm #129157
Peppey

Novice
Hi I have avg free 2011 it is finding a multiple lots of a virus called win32/zperm in c:\windows\temp\ . It says the process name is c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\ccsvchst.exe is actually a virus or is it AVG conflicting with Norton Internet Security which I also have installed on my computer?
November 22, 2010 10:37 Re: AVG Finding Win32/Zperm #129159
BIG AL 43

is it AVG conflicting with Norton Internet Security which I also have installed on my computer?

OK, 1st things 1st.... You should never have multiple antivirus programs installed since they will conflict with each other. See this post for more information as well as uninstall/cleanup util links Before Installing AVG Free Edition.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To articles | FAQ
November 22, 2010 19:07 Re: AVG Finding Win32/Zperm #129249
dusano123

Hello,

Please provide us with the ccsvchst.exe file as described here.

Afterwards, update your AVG and run full system scan in safe mode.

Thanks
November 13, 2011 20:33 Re: AVG Finding Win32/Zperm #180799
davidmaxey

Novice
I too am having this problem..

Only not so identifiable as file name is c:\Windows\Temp\tmp00002792\tmp0000d46f (no clues there grr) Microsoft Security Essentials says specifically that this is an AVG free trial problem and to be sure if it really is malware or just detected as due to the way it works, to send in the file to be analyzed at https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Submission/Submit.aspx (Give it a go if relevant any other users)
only it seems i do not have permission on my own computer to access the file to submit it. cant get into admin user either on brand new machine. very frustrating.

I too have another security program, Virgin Media's Radialpoint, which due to moving i cannot recieve the full package anymore and so need anti spyware protection from elsewhere... no clashes are ever coming up and the file location is supporting this.

Please, advise me too!
Good evening to you, and thank you in advance. :nerd:
November 14, 2011 14:41 Re: AVG Finding Win32/Zperm #180880
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello davidmaxey,

Firstly, please note that using more than one security software with active part is not recommended.
Inability to remove the file might be attributed to running multiple active resident parts of installed software.
More information about this can be found in this thread.

Try to reboot to safe mode, then provide us with the detected file as described here.

Afterwards, still in safe mode, you can try to delete whole C:\Windows\Temp folder.
It only contains temporary files which will be recreated when needed.

If you are unable to delete some part of Temp folder, check folder permissions and edit them to Full Control.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 8, 2014 00:42 Re: AVG Finding Win32/Zperm #238739
JPcaltech

Novice
Dear Dusan:

Your instructions were perfect for removing the Zperm virus from my Windows 7 professional laptop. I had searched everywhere for a simple, permanent solution (having already tried using AVG scans which allowed the virus to come back), and I was unable to find one until I read your post.

In my case, I uninstalled the free AdAware (leaving only my licensed AVG), and then emptied the TEMP folder in safe mode and rebooted the machine. Both steps together took less than 15 minutes. Zperm never came back (this was done several weeks ago). Yes, there were some (temporary) effects as temp files were recreated as needed, but within a couple of hours, I was 100%. Super duper ! Thank you, Dusan !