Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup
February 3, 2013 08:29 Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #223948
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
TheBigBlind

Novice
Could someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of PC Tuneup?!? I have been using AVG for years and love it, BUT this is BS. EVERY DAY it pops up asking me to buy it or remind me later!! I DO NOT WANT IT!!! I am VERY disappointed that AVG is shoving this down the throats of their customers!! Give the people the option NOT to buy or you might start losing a lot of customers!!
February 13, 2013 15:36 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #224539
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello TheBigBlind,

Pop-ups should disappear after PC Tuneup uninstallation (from add/remove programs).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 16, 2013 12:58 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #224717
appymom

Novice
uninstall pc tuneup another way?..

I can't even get my add/remove program to delete pc tuneup! I hate that I constantly have the icon on my lower task bar. When I use my system add/remove, it send me to avg and I have tried everything. Any other way to remove it? I am very happy with just the AVG Virus program and been using it for YEARS. Just updated to the 2013, and got PC TUNEUP. Please help get it off here!
February 21, 2013 08:42 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #224937
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello appymom,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
June 13, 2013 06:17 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #230202
Rattlebones

Novice
I agree 100% with TheBigBlind regarding PC Tuneup aggressive promotion strategy.

citation: Could someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of PC Tuneup?!? I have been using AVG for years and love it, BUT this is BS. EVERY DAY it pops up asking me to buy it or remind me later!! I DO NOT WANT IT!!! I am VERY disappointed that AVG is shoving this down the throats of their customers!! Give the people the option NOT to buy or you might start losing a lot of customers!

I uninstalled it a few minutes ago, hoping that will get rid of the problem.
But PLEASE, AVG, no more of these aggravating tactics. I might go look elsewhere for an Antivirus.
June 14, 2013 11:21 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #230261
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Rattlebones,

Only PC Tuneup popups which are displayed repeatedly, are displayed because of expired trial (most likely installed in AVG program).

Uninstallation from control panel should solve that.

Thank you

AVG Team
July 6, 2013 07:02 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #231049
dutchman41

Novice
PC tuneup popups..

I, too, can't get rid of the popup that asks me to buy the premium version of PC Tuneup. I have uninstalled the free version, and I have no icon in my taskbar. But every time I start up, there's the popup again. Windows Vista is the system.
July 9, 2013 13:33 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #231178
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi dutchman41,

Is AVG AntiVirus installed on your computer as well? I recommend reinstalling it if it was installed when you've tried trial of AVG PC TuneUp.

Let me know how it goes.

Please attach MSInfo 32 output and screenshot if the issue persists.

Thanks

AVG Team

July 21, 2013 06:28 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #231598
Dontlikepctuneupmarketing

Novice
Bad marketing..

I too have the same problem. I downloaded a free trial of AVG PC Tune up then deleted it using uninstall. Since then I have been plagued with the pop up. I have tried to find it in uninstall but it's just not there - it's hidden!

I am currently using AVG 2013 and after this hassle I think I won't be renewing with AVG.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the pop up other than uninstall?

Hope you can help.
July 25, 2013 11:41 Re: Get Rid Of PC Tuneup Popup #231766
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Dontlikepctuneupmarketing,

For help on your issue please try renaming c:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2013\awacs\rules.js or c:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2013\awacs\rules.js .

If it doesn't help, I would like to ask you for the AVG Diagnostics output with screenshot and rules.js file for closer analysis.
- Download and run the runner_en.exe.
- Follow displayed instructions.- Fill in your e-mail address, attach link to this conversation and briefly describe issue you are having.
- Click the Diagnose and send results button to send the data.- Let me know once the data are sent.

Thank you

AVG Team