March 10, 2013 20:09 Blinkx Virus? #225802
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Bryan5

Novice
Hi

This is my first post here and I am fairly computer illiterate, so apologies in advance.

My AVG detected a trojan virus last night whilst I was browsing on google images, I obviously went to a website that was unsafe. I didn't make note of the message/file path i'm afraid, if/when another one arises I shall write it down for future reference.

I've had AVG for several years and have only seen a virus alert pop up once or twice before, previously it has been dealt with effectively by AVG, at least to my knowledge.

Last night I removed the virus, performed a whole computer scan and then ran the PC tuneup as well, which removed several things that were apparently slowing down my system's performance. This required a restart. After the restart there were sounds coming through the speakers. I opened task manager to see an internet explorer window was open listed as blinkx.com (I can't give the exact name as it has since changed to something else). I cannot end the process from task manager. I guess it is malware/adware, but as I said before I have no idea when it comes to these things...

I've had a quick look online about this blinkx business but I don't want to download any virus removal software that could potentially cause more problems.

I should state that i've never used the "blinkx beat" program that a lot of people seem to mention, nor does it have anything to do with my screensaver (I have never bothered to change my screensaver).

If anyone has experienced a similar issue or has any advice, it would be most appreciated. At the moment I have adverts/film trailers/foreign news - you name it - blasting out of my speakers every 10 seconds.

Thank you

P.S. For the past couple of weeks I have had a message pop up when windows opens, something about rundll, to which i've pressed cancel. It never used to appear, so no idea whether the two are linked
March 10, 2013 20:11 Re: Blinkx Virus? #225803
Bryan5

Novice
Oops..

Think i've proved my point by posting the same thread twice.

If admin could please delete the first one... thanks :embarrassed:
March 19, 2013 11:02 Re: Blinkx Virus? #226258
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Bryan5,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (AVG scan result export, Msinfo output ,GMER scan result).

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support