Page 2 of 3 ‹‹123››
February 15, 2012 12:57 Re: Speedtest #190684
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello rock-on,

Unfortunately according to the description of your issue it doesn't seems to be connected to the Speedtest.

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, etc).

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 16, 2012 00:09 Re: Speedtest #190759
rock-on

Novice
Speedtest link..

Hi Big Al.
Thanks for your reply but unless AVG users are already members of the Forum, they like me, wouldnt have known about the new Speedtest link until they either did a Google search to find out what the problem was, or until they had problems with accessing some of their Overview links.
Once I found the Forum, I joined, so hopefully now I can keep up with the play.
I'm still having problems getting AVG to load on start-up and with the Overview links. Being a computer novice/ illiterate, this is very frustrating. Up until now I have nothing but high praise for AVG and have recommended it to a lot of other people.
February 16, 2012 01:34 Re: Speedtest #190762
rock-on

Novice
Speedtest icon..

Hi Pokornyz,
What happens is when I fire up my computer it loads up as normal but then comes up with a Windows Alert box saying "avgwdsvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this inconvenience" then it asks me to send an error reports to Windows with the comments :Error Signature InPageError P1:c00000(c P2:00000003. and then says Error report contains info on condition of avgwdsvc.exe when problem occurred, the operating system, computer hardware in use and Internet Protocol (My IP address.) If I click on files included in the error report, it lists C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERS\LOCALS~Temp\WER5b64.dir00\avgwdsvg.exe.mdmp. then the other one,
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERS\LOCALS~Temp\WER5b64.dir00\appcompat.txt

If I ignore this Windows warning box and click on my AVG desktop link , it loads up my AVG link normally but I only get the Speedtest icon in my Overview box, all the others have disappeared and I cant get to do my updates or scans. My last update was done on the 14-2-2012 at 10:17pm NZ time.
It does however tell me on the top panel that all my Security features are working correctly and up to date.
Any ideas please, and I appreciate you trying to help, as as I stated before, I'm not too conversant with computers.
Thank you.
February 16, 2012 08:44 Re: Speedtest #190773
nemethste

Administrator
Hello rock-on,

According to your description, AVG installation become corrupted somehow and watchdog service is crashing for some reason.

In that case please induce the issue again, create process crash dump and provide us with created dmp files and Msinfo output for further analysis.

Please accept our apology but dump files can be really large sometimes, so if you can use broadband Internet at work or public library or if some friend can help you, it would be very helpful.

Thank you.
February 16, 2012 11:49 Re: Speedtest #190782
rock-on

Novice
Speedtest & icons..

Hi Nemethste,

I logged into my computer tonight and as it started up I got a different message. This time it was from AVG saying an unspecified error had occurred and would I like to send a report to AVG for a Diagnostic report, so I clicked OK.
As yet I havent heard back, but from what you are saying, you feel my version of AVG has become corrupted and as I have no access to Broadband at the moment (on limited funds due to health problems from chest crush complications) I think I will try deleting my current version of AVG and up-load the latest version and see if that works.
Thanks, and thanks for the help from everyone that has offered me help in this matter.Much appreciated.
February 16, 2012 12:27 Re: Speedtest #190786
BIG AL 43

rock-on wrote
an unspecified error had occurred and would I like to send a report to AVG for a Diagnostic report

Have a look @ this 'How-To' link How To Troubleshoot Unspecified Error Reported By AVG.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 19, 2012 18:52 Re: Speedtest #191055
KroontjesPen

Novice
AVG to switch off for good use off Speedtest..

To let Speedtest do the job right I have to switch off AVG completely.
After that I received no spikes in the values any more.
The values are also not higher then my line suppose to handle.

What can I set in AVG IS 2012 to overcome this.
February 20, 2012 11:46 Re: Speedtest #191090
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello KroontjesPen,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, Msinfo output, etc).

Thank you

March 9, 2012 07:21 Re: Speedtest #194983
skymo

Novice
HI!!!!..

ya you are right speed test is very important for broadband.........
Like this way i check my internet speed from this site, here it gives the best results for checking the internet speed...........
June 12, 2012 14:33 Re: Speedtest #208041
homozan

Novice
remove speedtest..

please delete folder C:\Program Files\AVG2012\awacs\speedtest.*
wink
Page 2 of 3 ‹‹123››